ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock AB350M Pro4 - Freezing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 34>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote srdjan1995 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 7:21am
You guys having this issue only on 2nd gen of Ryzen, or also on 1st gen? I have an AB350 Pro4 mobo for like half a year now, and never had any freezes. My R3 1200 is running stable at 3.9 GHz @ 1.36V. I got my Patriot 8GB DDR4 RAM from 2400 to 2666 (2667 MHz) at default V. Can't go further with RAM or CPU OC tho. Been using bios v3.4, but now I'm having 4.7, and everything seems super stable on my end. No BSOD's, no freezes, PC is mostly on, sometimes even more than 24 hours, downloading something or just on. So far I'm really loving this MB. I was thinking on getting 2nd gen Ryzen soon, but if this issue is with 2nd gen, then should I just get a 1st gen R5 or R7?
eddie55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddie55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2018 at 7:30am
I made the same mistake as you I also have your exact motherboard this forum post is specific to the m version of this board I actually had tons of freezing until I changed my idle power State and Global C States and then I'm rock solid but again that's the non M version
chuchu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuchu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by srdjan1995 srdjan1995 wrote:

[URL=][/URL]You guys having this issue only on 2nd gen of Ryzen, or also on 1st gen? I have an AB350 Pro4 mobo for like half a year now, and never had any freezes. My R3 1200 is running stable at 3.9 GHz @ 1.36V. I got my Patriot 8GB DDR4 RAM from 2400 to 2666 (2667 MHz) at default V. Can't go further with RAM or CPU OC tho. Been using bios v3.4, but now I'm having 4.7, and everything seems super stable on my end. No BSOD's, no freezes, PC is mostly on, sometimes even more than 24 hours, downloading something or just on. So far I'm really loving this MB. I was thinking on getting 2nd gen Ryzen soon, but if this issue is with 2nd gen, then should I just get a 1st gen R5 or R7?

I think your mobo is part of the first batch. The problems mainly affect those with Raven Ridge ready mobos. Meaning you can use the APUs out of the box without updating it.

Edited by chuchu - 29 Jun 2018 at 7:11pm
Ryzen 5 2400G
AsRock AB350M Pro4
8gb G.Skill Trident Z CL16 3200Mhz
Samsung 850 Evo 250Gb
1TB Seagate Barracuda
TT Tough Power Grand 750W RGB
oversite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oversite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 2:23am
Originally posted by oversite oversite wrote:

Originally posted by Moba Moba wrote:

Originally posted by oversite oversite wrote:

The fix in the video didn't help me, but I am not using windows but linux. Debian 9 in this case. Am not sure it does help in any way but i do need to disable c6 within linux (using zenstates from github). It does not seem enough to disable c6 in bios, but within linux itself. However, this does not work on my asrock board where it freeze anyway no matter what i do, but it's needed on my gigabyte and asus boards. As Moba says, other brands also has their fair share of ryzen headaches. It could well be that there are a chain of needed settings or drivers to make it stable, but it can certainly not hurt to disable c6 and then keep hunting for next step. I just wanted to point out that it seems not only bios settings was needed in this case but also to double check within the os that the change being done to bios actually made the supposed change for the running os.

That's helpful info, thanks. What are you doing in Debian when you experience the freezes? Are you also using NVIDIA cards in those systems like chaconeger? If so, did you install  the proprietary updated drivers?

the freeze can happen at any time as far as i can understand, often at night when the system is quite idle, but once while flashing bios from usb. It varies from 10 minutes to 3 days. I have when changing bios usually a gt730 nvidia, but i have no GPUs plugged in normally, they are headless linux cluster. I did not change the driver, but i have suspected it could help but i didn't go that route since i don't have a gui at all. As i don't have the gui I also don't have any X11/xorg stuff where these drivers go. The nouveau kernel module is a suspect. Since I went to use asus and gigabyte where the freeze don't happen using the same installation, i didn't follow-up if changing the nvidia driver would make a difference. I could try since i kept one asrock board for troubleshooting.

A short update, to recap, i had 5 of these boards, i gave up and exchanged 4 of them to asus and gigabyte, i kept one asrock on the shelf. Last week i tried with no other change to put in a new 2700x, the previous cpu was ryzen 5 1600. Same memory corsair 2400. The 2700x did not freeze one single time yet. My best guess is the 2d gen ryzen runs much better on this board. Would be good to hear if ne1 share the experience.
oversite View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oversite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 2:26am
Originally posted by srdjan1995 srdjan1995 wrote:

You guys having this issue only on 2nd gen of Ryzen, or also on 1st gen? I have an AB350 Pro4 mobo for like half a year now, and never had any freezes. My R3 1200 is running stable at 3.9 GHz @ 1.36V. I got my Patriot 8GB DDR4 RAM from 2400 to 2666 (2667 MHz) at default V. Can't go further with RAM or CPU OC tho. Been using bios v3.4, but now I'm having 4.7, and everything seems super stable on my end. No BSOD's, no freezes, PC is mostly on, sometimes even more than 24 hours, downloading something or just on. So far I'm really loving this MB. I was thinking on getting 2nd gen Ryzen soon, but if this issue is with 2nd gen, then should I just get a 1st gen R5 or R7?

I only have issues with 1st gen, not with 2d gen. This is using AB350M PRO4

SkOrPn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkOrPn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2018 at 3:02am
I too have a board that was constantly freezing on the Ryzen 5 1600. The previous user stated it would freeze roughly every 15 minutes but I never witnessed it because this board was 3000 miles from my location. Now that I have this board I have a Bristol Ridge A8-9600 installed in it and 16GB of Team Group Samsung B-die ram.

It's been running now for over a Month without a single freeze or stutter or anything at all strange. I do NOT know if he had active cooling but my setup has two 120mm fans blowing directly over the entire board, but even with them off it never freezes. Go figure... Though I noticed this thing runs MUCH better on Linux then it does on Windows 10, which is backwards from my Intel Xeon machine which loves Windows far more than it does with Linux. Another go figure... lol
miller100 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miller100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2018 at 2:00pm
system freezing after 2 weeks with 2200g APU and 4.7 bios  Thumbs Down
changed HDD, PSU, used memtest... Even after fresh install system froze after 20 minutes and I didn't install any programs. What a nightmare.

Edited by miller100 - 09 Jul 2018 at 2:00pm
MPro4-FAULT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MPro4-FAULT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 1:15am
Originally posted by miller100 miller100 wrote:

system freezing after 2 weeks with 2200g APU and 4.7 bios  Thumbs Down
changed HDD, PSU, used memtest... Even after fresh install system froze after 20 minutes and I didn't install any programs. What a nightmare.

Don't spend your time. It's nothing about you. It's the mobo.

Return it if you can and take another model / brand.
_Mael_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Mael_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2018 at 1:17am
Bad Bios 4.7, pls for 2200G & 2400G use beta Bios 4.83 (agesa 1002a) this bios fix freeze issues use beta bios 4.83
konyzulphurea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote konyzulphurea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2018 at 12:47am
Let see If All M.2 removed, only enable C0,C1,C2,C3, with DDR4-2133, HIPM is set at active, and see if there are more funny things.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 34>
  Share Topic