ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock AB350M Pro4 - Freezing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 323334
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bok27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 10:25pm
ASRock AB350m Pro4
Its posibile downgrade latest bios 5.80 tu old version 5.50 ?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 1:14am
bok, what board is it you have???

You're PM's of 4hrs ago asked for AB350 Pro4 BIOSes.

But here you are asking of AB350M Pro4 BIOSes.
bok27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bok27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 1:26am
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

bok, what board is it you have???

You're PM's of 4hrs ago asked for AB350 Pro4 BIOSes.

But here you are asking of AB350M Pro4 BIOSes.

Im so sorry i misspelled the name .|I have the ASRock AB350M Pro4 with bios 5.80, and I have some issues with it and I want to downgrade to 5.50 because It worked fine.
Durkka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Durkka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 2:56am
I have a AB350 Pro4 that I've updated to the AB35P4_5.70 BIOS that now black screen crashes consistently while gaming or editing photos. This BIOS cannot be downgraded to a working version AB35P4_5.10 or even the bridge 3.40 BIOS and I'm now stuck on this broken BIOS version.

This broken 5.70 BIOS needs to be pulled from the website and a new version that can be downgraded is needed ASAP.
socketloop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote socketloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 8:19pm
I came to this discussion thread having the exact same problem (hard lockup)

I am using B450M Pro4 board with R7 2700 on a gold rated PSU. Everything in the BIOS is set to default and I run few Virtual Machine workload on Linux.

When the hard lock up happens, there is *absolutely* no log written on the disk and the disk LED red light goes hard RED and system is completely frozen. The only way out is hard REBOOT.

I tried resitting the RAM and SATA cables. No luck.

Since then I have upgraded the BIOS to P3.3 release and I am now going the way of setting the following:

Zen Common Options >
Core Performance Boost: Disabled
Global C-state Control: Disabled

NBIO Common Options >
PSI: Disable

CPU Configuration >
Cool n Quiet: Disabled

Will post back the result.
kirovskie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirovskie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2019 at 12:39am
any updates of this post? i am also having this issues i am using Asrock b350 Pro4 i had just updated from 5.40 because of BSOD issues & now i am having this issues freeze & USB randomly disconnects.
Jim1977 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim1977 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2019 at 6:35am
Originally posted by Jackzone Jackzone wrote:

THIS WHAT WORKED FOR ME

4.if everything is on auto and the ram speed is not same as you want and capable - turn on xmp profile but watch all voltage and settings are ok and not red(make sure its on auto[you can manually write "auto" to change it to auto) because this will cause a crash and data corruption in windows - so now you can choose different ram speed just watch the voltage.

MAINLY install from flash and watch that the settings are on auto specially the voltage but the ram speed you can change i think only if you choose the xmp profile (*load xmp setting IN *oc tweaker - bios manu)

the second i load xmp i see 1.35v in red on one of the configuration and this cause data corruption in widows for me because the ram wont work as it should(this what happens when the ram is not working properly)
so i changed this voltage configuration to auto

it took me 3 days to figure that out, hope that work.

Thanks! That worked for me with my ASRock X370M PRO4 AM4 AMD Promontory. I had been chasing the problem for weeks, and had changed everything.

When I saw the red "1.35", I just typed in "Auto", and now it is stable.
You would think they could figure it out themselves, but I am very glad you did.
TheLittleDragon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheLittleDragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2019 at 1:33am
I wonder if most of these problems in this thread are related to using Ryzen CPU ?

I have AMD A10-9700 cpu and never had all these problems.

BUT....I just bought a Ryzen 7 2700X....so maybe the crashing will begin after I install it?
technerd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote technerd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 1:40am
Following this post. I have an x570 pro4 with a Ryzen 5 3600x and a 5600xt and I have to hard reset the computer about 5 times from a cold start because it will hang up on the Windows load screen. And then if I get into the OS it may or may not make the new hardware plugged-in sound and shut down with no BSOD just once, then it will run like a beast....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 323334
  Share Topic