ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

raven ridge (2200g+2400g) tips

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rjeftw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 5:47am
Originally posted by JohnM JohnM wrote:

Originally posted by rjeftw rjeftw wrote:

Just started memtest86 at stock clocks... I'll check its progress a little bit later. Wifi was never an issue with my 1700 with my Killer or Taichi, Wifi has only been an issues with the 2200G. Does the same thing on both boards. If the wifi doesn't work the boards are kinda useless to me. I disabled the wifi on the Killer and it stopped BSOD'ing while using a wired connection. Didn't bother to test it on the B350 Itx yet.  Will update later with the ram situation.

My 4th Asrock board with wifi.. so its a little frustrating the same issues are happening only with the 2200G.

You'll eventually want to run MemTest86 with the same clocks as you plan to use Windows, but starting with stock is a good place to begin your troubleshooting.

Like I said, I avoid WiFi whenever possible. It's a convenience but no substitute for cabled Ethernet. I haven't even plugged my board's aerials in. You could try re-seating the WiFi card in its socket. It's just a PCIe 2.0 device and not even connected to the AM4 socket. It hangs off the Promontory chip so I don't see how changing from a Summit Ridge to a Raven Ridge processor could affect it.

Yeah I get what you are saying... But this particular machine is going to need wifi. If it was my primary, I would be wired.

Originally posted by JinxB1rd JinxB1rd wrote:

Dont forget the AIDA64 stability test. 
I'll mess with that a little bit later. Just finished an hour on memtest no issues.
Asrock X370 Killer | Ryzen 1700 3.8GHZ 1.2v | Noctua D15/ H100i V2 | 2x8GB Team Dark 3000mhz | MSI GTX 980 Ti | 27" Dell G Sync | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | EVGA 750W G3 | Cosair Air 540
nanohead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nanohead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 7:59am
Adding some more observations.   Power plans aren't working correctly.  I've tried both High Performance and Ryzen Balanced (which generally runs the CPU at 100%), and clock speeds are still bouncing all over the place.   High Performance should put the clock to highest speed automatically, which is what it did when I had the Ryzen 5 1600 in the board before the 2400G

Also, just a suspicion that there aren't really "chipset" drivers for the 2400G.  The package we're downloading appears to be for the GPU portion.  The SMBus and GPIO are much older drivers in the same package (from last summer it seems) so I don't thing any of that is fundamentally changed.  Only the "Display Adapter" driver is new, at least on my installation.

The only other oddball behavior I noticed is an ugly memory leak on the Windows Audio Isolation Graph, which never happened before I installed the 2400G.   Not sure if it's related or just an weird coincidence.  If it happens again, it might be an error/bug with the HDMI Audio subsystem in the new GPU driver.  I remember there used to be an ugly collision between early AMD audio drivers and Realtek HDMI...
JohnM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 8:12am
Originally posted by nanohead nanohead wrote:

clock speeds are still bouncing all over the place.

Isn't that what you'd expect when Cool 'n' Quiet is enabled?

ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 ITX P4.90, AMD Ryzen 5 2400G, 2x8GB Corsair CMK16GX4M2A2666C16, 250GB Samsung 960EVO, 500GB Samsung 850EVO, 4TB WD Blue, Windows 10 Pro 64, Corsair SF450, Cooler Master Elite 110
Manu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Manu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 10:02am
Hi there :)

I have a Ryzen 3 2200G with ASRock B350M-HDV and the newest Beta BIOS (4.61)
but i cant find a option to set dram size for gpu...

Can anyone help?
stree View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by Manu Manu wrote:

Hi there :)

I have a Ryzen 3 2200G with ASRock B350M-HDV and the newest Beta BIOS (4.61)
but i cant find a option to set dram size for gpu...

Can anyone help?

Quite a few posts about that if you look around the forum  Try a search.
From posts and reviews  have seen it is hardly worth the trouble, if you allocate say 2 GB then all you do is deprive system ram permanently of 2GB, and if the GPU "wanted" 2 gb it would just pull it from system ram as needed and otherwise leave it in system ram.
Up to you.
ASRock X370-ITX BIOS 4.50
R5 2600    Cryorig C7
EVGA GTX 950 75w
2x8GB Ballistix Sport LT 2933
960Evo M.2 256GB, Firecuda 1TB
Win 10 Pro 64 1803
G-Unique Archdaemon 300 Watt
Lian-li Q21B
JohnM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by stree stree wrote:

From posts and reviews  have seen it is hardly worth the trouble, if you allocate say 2 GB then all you do is deprive system ram permanently of 2GB, and if the GPU "wanted" 2 gb it would just pull it from system ram as needed and otherwise leave it in system ram.
Up to you.

+1.

But if you still want to do it: http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=7770&title=2400g-where-can-i-set-igpu-vram-size-in-bios

(Sorry, making it into a real hyperlink doesn't work as the "?" gets translated.)

Edited by JohnM - 26 Feb 2018 at 8:50am
ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 ITX P4.90, AMD Ryzen 5 2400G, 2x8GB Corsair CMK16GX4M2A2666C16, 250GB Samsung 960EVO, 500GB Samsung 850EVO, 4TB WD Blue, Windows 10 Pro 64, Corsair SF450, Cooler Master Elite 110
nanohead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nanohead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2018 at 11:21pm
I have Cool and Quiet is Disabled.  I haven't used it in years.  Also, if you OC in BIOS, then you need to disable C&Q, otherwise the event log fills with all sorts of Processor Firmware error messages each time the firmware tries to throttle the CPU

Also, on my other machines, setting power to High Performance sets CPU to full and disables all other forms of throttling.

PhoenixBuster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhoenixBuster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 9:36am
Can you guys help me? im using x370 gaming x and did not find any oc option for the apu other than the vram option, so i use the ryzen master program and everytime i oc my apu clockspeed over the 1250mhz my pc start to freeze and crash... i try changing apu core voltage and other but still crashing all the time... do you guys have any solution?
hurtz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hurtz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 10:36am

I have been getting BSOD's with DPC_Watchdog_Violations nonstop on my 2200G or Asrock B350 ITX with Bios 4.40 and now with 4.43. I also setup a new windows 10 USB install, which should have the creators update. Happens mainly during downloading anything heavily.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is exactly what's happening to me on the AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac with a 2400G, BIOS 4.43. It's as you describe while downloading using the wireless will freeze and / or throw the DPC_Watchdog_Violation errorr Curious to know if you figured anything out yet.
slicingblade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slicingblade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 11:00am
Originally posted by hurtz hurtz wrote:

I have been getting BSOD's with DPC_Watchdog_Violations nonstop on my 2200G or Asrock B350 ITX with Bios 4.40 and now with 4.43. I also setup a new windows 10 USB install, which should have the creators update. Happens mainly during downloading anything heavily.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is exactly what's happening to me on the AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac with a 2400G, BIOS 4.43. It's as you describe while downloading using the wireless will freeze and / or throw the DPC_Watchdog_Violation errorr Curious to know if you figured anything out yet.

I was having the same issue, So far it seems fixed after downloading the newest driver for the wireless from intel.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
  Share Topic