ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

WiFi BSOD on AB350 Gaming mITX/AC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XavierMace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 2:27am
Originally posted by JohnM JohnM wrote:

Originally posted by XavierMace XavierMace wrote:

I'll try the 4.43 tomorrow but I'm not going to hold my breath.  I'd love to know if yours BSOD's if you start using the wireless as I'm curious how consistent this issue is.

No problem. I'll give it a try and report back. Is there anything I should do to try to provoke it, like copying a batch of large files over the network?

For me, any sustained usage will do it.  Netflix, Steam, SMB file transfers.
stree View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 3:15am
Originally posted by brianY brianY wrote:

I also have the same problem. I use the same board and the 2400G. I got the problem when I full load the wifi (such as speed test). I brought the board in 14 Feb. The bios was updated to P4.40 by the component shop.  I guess the BSOD problem because of the  BIOS update process. For example BIOS may be updated from P3.4 -> P3.6 -> P4.4 but the BIOS was updated from P3.4 -> P4.4. I cannot verify my guess because I don't have another ryzen CPU. Is it really relate by the BIOS update process or not?

As you guessed , BIOS 3.4 to 4.40 is  heading for trouble, but if you load a usb with the 3.6 and
4.43  unpacked instant flash files, you should have a choice   to install either, so select 3.6. install  reboot, set UEFI defaults, save n exit, then reboot and install 4.43   Then see if WiFi is behaving.
Just installing 4.43 0ver 4.40 after 3.4 with the bridge (3.6) BIOS is not going to work.

Edited by stree - 26 Feb 2018 at 3:17am
ASRock X370-ITX BIOS 4.50
R5 2600    Cryorig C7
EVGA GTX 950 75w
2x8GB Ballistix Sport LT 2933
960Evo M.2 256GB, Firecuda 1TB
Win 10 Pro 64 1803
G-Unique Archdaemon 300 Watt
Lian-li Q21B
JohnM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 7:16am
I did a test with my WiFi card, connecting to my access point about 3 metres away using the 5 GHz band. I got a strong signal and connected at 150 Mb/s (I don't have an ac access point, just n, since I use cable whenever possible). I tried an SMB transfer of a 4 GB file which proceeded at around 10 MB/s but I got a BSOD before it completed. Pretty conclusive, I think. I hope that's enough testing because I'm going back to cabled Ethernet now!
ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 ITX P4.90, AMD Ryzen 5 2400G, 2x8GB Corsair CMK16GX4M2A2666C16, 250GB Samsung 960EVO, 500GB Samsung 850EVO, 4TB WD Blue, Windows 10 Pro 64, Corsair SF450, Cooler Master Elite 110
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 8:42am
Will someone please upload a minidump I can look at.  You too, JohnM.  There should be a minidump folder in your Windows folder.  Please compress it and upload it so I can access it.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

EDIT: What drivers were you running, JohnM?

Edited by MisterJ - 26 Feb 2018 at 8:44am
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
JohnM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 7:26pm
Intel(R) Dual-Band Wireless-AC 3168
Driver Provider: Intel
Driver Date: 10/01/2018
Driver Version: 19.51.11.2

There is a Minidump folder - I had to grant access to open it - but it's empty.
ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 ITX P4.90, AMD Ryzen 5 2400G, 2x8GB Corsair CMK16GX4M2A2666C16, 250GB Samsung 960EVO, 500GB Samsung 850EVO, 4TB WD Blue, Windows 10 Pro 64, Corsair SF450, Cooler Master Elite 110
Johannes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johannes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 10:11pm
I'm having the same issue as the others with WiFi causing BSOD with heavy traffic. This is with a fresh install of  Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (v1709 / build 16299.248). Drivers installed from vendors (including the WiFi driver from Intel).

System is a 2400G on an ASRock AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac board with the 4.43beta BIOS installed. Everything else appears to be rock solid. I don't think it's a contributing issue, but I'll be running MemTest86 for several hours this afternoon to make sure the RAM checks out.

MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 12:19am
Thanks, Johannes, DLed fine - will examine.  Please post a link to where you DLed the driver.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

EDIT:  This looks like a nasty error and is probably caused by the BIOS/UEFI.  I ask that a few of you complain to ASRock by opening an ASRock Technical Support ticket.  It is possible they are not aware of this problem.  I will continue to look but am not very hopeful.

Edited by MisterJ - 27 Feb 2018 at 12:44am
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
Johannes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johannes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 5:54am
Originally posted by MisterJ MisterJ wrote:

Thanks, Johannes, DLed fine - will examine.  Please post a link to where you DLed the driver.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

EDIT:  This looks like a nasty error and is probably caused by the BIOS/UEFI.  I ask that a few of you complain to ASRock by opening an ASRock Technical Support ticket.  It is possible they are not aware of this problem.  I will continue to look but am not very hopeful.

Thanks for taking a look. I opened a ticket with ASRock after making the post earlier and included the same link, so hopefully that helps. MemTest86 showed no signs of RAM issues, as expected. In the interest of completeness, here are the drivers I installed:

Hope it helps, and I echo MisterJ's suggestion that others in this thread open a support ticket with ASRock to get this issue resolved. It's the one issue I'm having in an otherwise lovely new build.
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 9:27am
Johannes, most of your links do not work.  The forum mucks-up most links, so I always test them with the Preview function.  Just pasting the raw link seems to work best.  Always get your AMD (& Radeon) drivers here: https://support.amd.com/en-us/download
If you did not get your chip set and Radeon drivers from AMD (my link above), then please do and test again.  First please do this for me: Windows Key i-Apps-AMD Software-Modify.  This will provide a window listing the chip set drivers.  It takes a few seconds.  Please post a screenshot - not just the number.  In general never get drivers from ASRock DL page - almost always down level.  Some you must get from ASRock - RAID for example.  Thanks and enjoy, John.
Johannes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johannes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2018 at 9:44am
Originally posted by MisterJ MisterJ wrote:

Johannes, most of your links do not work.  The forum mucks-up most links, so I always test them with the Preview function.  Just pasting the raw link seems to work best.  Always get your AMD (& Radeon) drivers here: https://support.amd.com/en-us/download
If you did not get your chip set and Radeon drivers from AMD (my link above), then please do and test again.  First please do this for me: Windows Key i-Apps-AMD Software-Modify.  This will provide a window listing the chip set drivers.  It takes a few seconds.  Please post a screenshot - not just the number.  In general never get drivers from ASRock DL page - almost always down level.  Some you must get from ASRock - RAID for example.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

Oops, I didn't realize that the forum breaks links. I obtained all of my drivers directly from AMD (chipset & Radeon) and Intel (ethernet, WiFi, & Bluetooth), with the exception of the Realtek audio drivers. Realtek's website was not very helpful, and I could not find drivers for the onboard audio there. I decided to use ASRock's drivers for audio.

I am currently at work, but I will posts screenshot of the window listing the chipset drivers when I get home about 10 hours from now. Thank you for your assistance!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic