ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

WiFi BSOD on AB350 Gaming mITX/AC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 1:45am
Originally posted by ajnosek ajnosek wrote:

Updating the onboard wifi drivers seems to help, but the problem is still there.  I am still unable to backup my files on google drive or play a map on PUBG without getting a BSOD.  But before I updated from BIOS 4.4 to v4.43 and before the wifi drivers, I could barely surf the internet.  

Use the latest drivers directly from intel, not the outdated ones on the ASRock's motherboard download support site:

BIOS 4.50 now available for AB350 ITX,  some reports of no improvement with WiFi but best to be up to date with these BIOS increments
ASRock X370-ITX BIOS 4.50
R5 2600    Cryorig C7
EVGA GTX 950 75w
2x8GB Ballistix Sport LT 2933
960Evo M.2 256GB, Firecuda 1TB
Win 10 Pro 64 1803
G-Unique Archdaemon 300 Watt
Lian-li Q21B
cubebucket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 6:50am
Originally posted by stree stree wrote:

Originally posted by ajnosek ajnosek wrote:

Updating the onboard wifi drivers seems to help, but the problem is still there.? I am still unable to backup my files on google drive or play a map on PUBG without getting a BSOD.? But before I updated from BIOS 4.4 to v4.43 and before the wifi drivers, I could barely surf the internet.??

Use the latest drivers directly from intel, not the outdated ones on the ASRock's motherboard download support site:

BIOS 4.50 now available for AB350 ITX,? some reports of no improvement with WiFi but best to be up to date with these BIOS increments

What I was able to notice tonight was that wifi was still unstable and buggy, but did not get me to a bsod. 4.50 bios and latest intel drivers. However after having installed all in one drivers, the system kept telling me that I had no Radeon video driver installed. How weird. Sorry for the partial OT. I really do hope these guys will fix everything before the 30 days that amazon gives us to return an item, LoooL.
JohnM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 6:54am
You need to install the AMD chipset drivers first and then the Radeon driver. Get both from AMD, not ASRock.
ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 ITX P4.90, AMD Ryzen 5 2400G, 2x8GB Corsair CMK16GX4M2A2666C16, 250GB Samsung 960EVO, 500GB Samsung 850EVO, 4TB WD Blue, Windows 10 Pro 64, Corsair SF450, Cooler Master Elite 110

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 7:14am
Thanks dude, I was just about to do this :) I realized this a couple of seconds after posting xD
J Z View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 9:43pm
Can not detect an error...

Kind Regards,
JZ

https://shop.JZelectronic.de - Der Shop mit ausgesuchter ASRock Profi Hardware

https://www.facebook.com/asrock.de

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 9:51pm
[URL=][/URL]
Originally posted by J Z J Z wrote:

<span id="result_" ="short_text" lang="en"><span ="">Can not detect an error...</span></span>

Since we are no German speakers, can you kindly explain us what you did to achieve stability?

EDIT: are you suggesting to replace the wifi module? Is it really possible? My board has 2 days of life....it should work out of the box without needing this kind of workarounds :( ...is there any chance that asrock is aware of this issue?

Edited by cubebucket - 07 Mar 2018 at 9:57pm
J Z View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 10:25pm
New board, P4.50 BIOS updated and nothing else. In the video you can see the drivers and with me no problem can be seen.
ASRock TW is informed.
Kind Regards,
JZ

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cubebucket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 10:45pm
[URL=][/URL]
Originally posted by J Z J Z wrote:

<span id="result_" ="" lang="en"><span>New board, P4.50 BIOS updated and nothing else.</span> <span ="">In the video you can see the drivers and with me no problem can be seen.</span>
<span ="">ASRock TW is informed.</span></span>

Ok, I will try to revert to the exact same version of the drivers that you are using to see if anything changes.

The connection yesterday was working fine, it just hangs and disconnects after sometime, now.

Should I consider switching from W10 home premium to W10 pro, as you are not experiencing issues with it?

Edited by cubebucket - 07 Mar 2018 at 10:53pm
J Z View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 11:17pm
No, should only be Home 1709 Update 16299.251
Kind Regards,
JZ

MC. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 12:32am
can other people confirm this?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
  Share Topic