ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

WiFi BSOD on AB350 Gaming mITX/AC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rjeftw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by ASRock_TSD ASRock_TSD wrote:

Dear XavierMace,

Greetings, this is ASRock TSD.

Regarding your question, we had already fixed on BIOS L4.51A
Please download BIOS from below link and then update it to verify again. 

How to Update:

Thanks!

All the best,
ASRock TSD

I'll be updating once I get home; will post after I do it!
Asrock X370 Killer | Ryzen 1700 3.8GHZ 1.2v | Noctua D15/ H100i V2 | 2x8GB Team Dark 3000mhz | MSI GTX 980 Ti | 27" Dell G Sync | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | EVGA 750W G3 | Cosair Air 540
hearthlizard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hearthlizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 8:57am
I updated from 4.4.3 beta (which was working, albiet with wifi disabled) to 4.5.1 beta, and.... now it wont even let me get back to the bios, just fans go on and then cuts out over and over again, no power to the keyboard and no screen signal.

I have an AB350 ITX board with the Ryzen 2400G APU.
ajnosek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajnosek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 11:03am
I updated the bios to 4.51 from 4.50.  I'm still getting weird hiccups when watching videos.  The video still freezes up sometimes, and the screen turns either a green color or a blocky white color.  However, none of them have caused a BSOD yet.  Overall, it is much, much better.  

Edited by ajnosek - 09 Mar 2018 at 11:05am
JohnM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 11:06am
Originally posted by hearthlizard hearthlizard wrote:

I updated from 4.4.3 beta (which was working, albiet with wifi disabled) to 4.5.1 beta, and.... now it wont even let me get back to the bios, just fans go on and then cuts out over and over again, no power to the keyboard and no screen signal.

I have an AB350 ITX board with the Ryzen 2400G APU.

Try this:

The first thing I would do is turn off the power and unplug from the wall socket. Then I'd hold the power button in for a few seconds to discharge the capacitors. Then I'd use the Clear CMOS link to reset the defaults, replacing it afterwards. Your board has only two RAM sockets so just fit one DIMM in the A slot. Unplug any peripherals except monitor and keyboard. Then plug it back in and see if it will POST.
ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 ITX P4.90, AMD Ryzen 5 2400G, 2x8GB Corsair CMK16GX4M2A2666C16, 250GB Samsung 960EVO, 500GB Samsung 850EVO, 4TB WD Blue, Windows 10 Pro 64, Corsair SF450, Cooler Master Elite 110
JohnM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 11:32am
Originally posted by ajnosek ajnosek wrote:

I updated the bios to 4.51 from 4.50.  I'm still getting weird hiccups when watching videos.  The video still freezes up sometimes, and the screen turns either a green color or a blocky white color.  However, none of them have caused a BSOD yet.  Overall, it is much, much better.  

Did you install the Radeon driver after the AMD chipset driver? Get both from AMD, rather than ASRock.

ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 ITX P4.90, AMD Ryzen 5 2400G, 2x8GB Corsair CMK16GX4M2A2666C16, 250GB Samsung 960EVO, 500GB Samsung 850EVO, 4TB WD Blue, Windows 10 Pro 64, Corsair SF450, Cooler Master Elite 110
hearthlizard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hearthlizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by JohnM JohnM wrote:

Try this:

The first thing I would do is turn off the power and unplug from the wall socket. Then I'd hold the power button in for a few seconds to discharge the capacitors. Then I'd use the Clear CMOS link to reset the defaults, replacing it afterwards. Your board has only two RAM sockets so just fit one DIMM in the A slot. Unplug any peripherals except monitor and keyboard. Then plug it back in and see if it will POST.

Thanks, I tried it. Given that it went from working (mostly w/o wifi) to not even powering anything beyond the fans after the bios update; I suspect the update killed it. I also tried putting in AMD's bootkit processor they sent me, nothing.... when I took the old one out it was cool, so no power, board is dead.
ajnosek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajnosek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by JohnM JohnM wrote:

Did you install the Radeon driver after the AMD chipset driver? Get both from AMD, rather than ASRock.

I was trying to, but honestly I was getting confused by their installation files.  

The file from the chipset driver's page is called: amd-chipset-drivers_18.10_feb.exe
The file from the video driver's page is called: rv-win10-64bit-whql-radeon-software-17.40.3701-feb12.exe

There appears to be numerous drivers in both installation packages, and many of them overlap but not all of them.  If I install the chipset drivers first (v18.10), and then I try to install the video drivers (v17.40), I get an error saying the later version is already installed.  I don't understand this...I didn't install the video package yet, and I believe there are drivers in there that aren't installed yet.  

Then, to complicate the matter, there is a different installation package called: radeon-software-adrenalin-18.2.3-minimalsetup-180222_web.exe

I figure that I might be able to use this somehow to get around this issue, but that isn't exactly clear either.  

What I think I ended up doing was uninstalling all them, and putting 17.4 in first, and then putting 18.10 in on top of that.  But I suppose this is installing the video drivers before the chipset drivers?

What did you do, and how did you get around this issue?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 5:51pm
Chipset drivers should always be first.

Once those are installed, order is not that critical. This is because the chipset drivers facilitate the correct identification of components and help prevent conflicts. 
hifihedgehog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hifihedgehog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 12:08am
What outstanding issues (e.g. video, Wi-Fi, etc.), if any, remain with L4.51?
cristy6100 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cristy6100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 12:13am
I compiled a list of bugs in the latest realease in a post
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
  Share Topic