ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

WiFi BSOD on AB350 Gaming mITX/AC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rluhman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2018 at 9:48pm
Well yesterday I upgraded to the P4.51 beta bios from P4.40. It solved the Sleep mode problem that I was having. However, it still does not fix the random BSOD (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION) that I get which appears related to the Intel Wireless device.

Note, I am not using the wireless AC card that came with the board. I upgraded it to the 7265 device that is used in the X370 version of this motherboard.

I am using wireless because it is rather difficult to get a wire to this location in the house.

My configuration is listed in my sig, below.
Asrock AB350 Gaming-ITX/AC | Ryzen 3 2200G | 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 MHz | CoolerMaster Elite 130 | Thermaltake SFX 450W | Intel Wireless AC 7265
ajnosek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajnosek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 2:19am
Originally posted by rluhman rluhman wrote:

Note, I am not using the wireless AC card that came with the board. I upgraded it to the 7265 device that is used in the X370 version of this motherboard.

I am using wireless because it is rather difficult to get a wire to this location in the house.

Just to be clear, you are not using the onboard wifi, you are using a dedicated wifi adapter, correct?  Why not just use the onboard wifi?  

I don't know if the recent ab350 itx/ac motherboard wifi issue was a problem for ALL wifi devices, or just the onboard wifi.  It's possible that ASRock didn't anticipate people using other wifi devices when they came out with the wifi fix in 4.51.  

Or it could be that there is some kind of conflict between the two cards.  I would try using the onboard wifi and the dedicated wifi independently. Try disabling the onboard wifi and only using the dedicated card.  Verify the onboard wifi works without the wifi card installed. This would at least give you some more information.  
ASRock AB350 Gaming ITX/AC L4.51a, Ryzen 5 2400g 3.6GHz, 2x8GB Patriot Viper 4 3200MHz (PV416G320C6K), Win10 Education, 1TB SSD Samsung 850 EVO, 3TB HDD WD Blue, EVGA 500W (100-W1-0500-KR)
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 4:56am
From what I can tell, the beta BIOS is a fix, a workaround to a problem likely coming from the AGESA code. In cases where there is a fix, it is quite common for it to be specific to the bundled hardware. It may well be that the fix does not work with the adapter you installed or, if you have both adapters installed, it is they are conflicting as ajnosek suggested. 
rluhman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rluhman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 11:03am
To be clear, I removed the wifi m.2 card that came with the motherboard. I then replaced it with the 7265 m.2 card.

Based on the other reply, I will put the original card back in and see if the BSOD's go away.

Thanks.
Asrock AB350 Gaming-ITX/AC | Ryzen 3 2200G | 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 MHz | CoolerMaster Elite 130 | Thermaltake SFX 450W | Intel Wireless AC 7265
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2018 at 6:19pm
did u try latest "greatest" intel drivers?
also do a full install before
dpc_watchdog can happen from old (unsupported) drivers
make sure all your drivers are up to date
and try to avoid amd drivers for sata

otherwise ull need some dump file, and since u dont have issues with applications but with hardware, than u will need to change something
Quote change your system memory dump to kernel, run cmd.exe as an admin then run
verifier.exe /standard /all
reboot, run until you get the next bugcheck then
copy the memory dump file c:\windows\memory.dmp
to a server like microsoft one drive and post a link.
how to change the memory dump type:https://www.sophos.com/en-us/support/knowledgebase/111474.aspx

when you are done testing run
verifier.exe /reset
to turn off the extra error checking or your machine will run slowly until you do.

rluhman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rluhman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 8:44am
[URL=][/URL]I put the original WiFi M.2 card back on the motherboard and no more BSOD's. So the L4.51A fix works at least for the WiFi card that comes with the motherboard.

Has anyone been able to get it to work with any other WiFi card?

I was hoping for a 2x2 WiFi card but I guess I'll have to settle for 1x1.

BTW, I have all the latest drivers installed.

Edited by rluhman - 19 Apr 2018 at 8:46am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
  Share Topic