FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Taichi x399 new bios?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Taichi x399 new bios?
    Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 7:42am
FYI, ASRock does not produce the AGESA code. That comes from AMD. And ONLY AMD.
TANWare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TANWare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 6:10am
It kind of sux, to say the least. I love the power of the TR platform but hate being the odd man out.
x399 Taichi, 1950x, 32GB 3466 DDR4
2x500GB 960EVO,Asus 1080TI
Passmark
mixmasstrw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mixmasstrw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2018 at 8:51pm
I wrote to them in this matter, but I received only a general answer. Unfortunately, I think that the new bios on our platform will not come quickly :/

"yes, I guess so AMD will provide new AGESA code in future.
But I do not have any information when and if the memory module improvement inside.
I will forward your request to our BIOS department and inform AMD as well.

At this moment, only thing I can say is check from time to time the BIOS download page.

Best regards,

ASRock Support"
AZ
SoniC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoniC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2018 at 1:47am
Let's hope they will wake up when TR+ will be coming and then we will receive some support...
-=SoniC=-
TR x1950, ASRock X399 FPG (v. 3.33A), G.Skill 3200 CL14 64GB, Enermax LiqTech 280,
AMD Vega 64 LC, 10x HDDs (mostly Hitachi), 2x M.2 (970EVO,960Pro), Xonar DX, AX1200i PSU
TANWare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TANWare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2018 at 12:56am
TBH I do not think any X399 system holds priority for any manufacturer. TR system sale were so minimal compared to others that they will tend to follow the money. That and AGESA seems to be behind for the x399 as well compared to x370 etc..
x399 Taichi, 1950x, 32GB 3466 DDR4
2x500GB 960EVO,Asus 1080TI
Passmark
mixmasstrw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mixmasstrw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 11:58pm

I am also waiting for Asrock to update the bios for x399.
Like some of You, I am counting on accelerating the memory after the update of AGESA -

Which in my opinion should have been introduced on this platform a long time ago.
G.Skill F4-3200C16Q-32GTZB running daily on auto (around 2200 not 3200).

It's hard to turn it up on my personal rig, I tried it a bit (certainly not long enough), but without success.

Edited by mixmasstrw - 16 Mar 2018 at 12:04am
AZ
Meluto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meluto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 5:12pm
So, I think Asrock holds not as a priority this MB and I should not expect a new Bios for X399 platform any time soon
Taichi x399 MB
64GB RAM G.Skill - 2x F4-3200C16Q-32GTZR kits
Threadripper 1950x
EKWB water loop, XSPC CPU block
550MX 1Tb ssd & 12Tb hdd
2x EVGA SC BE 1080 ti
SB AE-5 sound
Phantek Enthoo Primo case
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2018 at 12:46am
daddyo, I am almost sure you would need to do a Delete Array on all your drives to create RAIDs.  This would include your system drive.  After creating the VOLUME, you would need to install W10 on it.  AMD says better things are coming but, of course, no time frame given.  I have no experience with Intel but have created several RAIDs on AMD based systems and was really surprised with the mess this TR is.  There may be a time when you can simply create the real RAIDs you want (no VOLUMEs) and go on your way.  Being an optimist, I would hope to get a RAID5 also.  I have never asked AMD about RAID5 but was stunned when I saw it was not offered.  Enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
daddyo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daddyo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 9:58am
Mr J,
Thanks for responding, you are right in your assessment.  I have the Taichi.

I did try to create a VOLUME for my boot drive while my SATA mode was in "RAID". This is the part that failed. I would see my VOLUME in UEFI, and it would show during windows setup once I loaded the AMD RAID drivers (all 3 steps).

But windows kept saying this was not a bootable drive and could not proceed with installation... Perhaps a more detailed explanation of the volume creation procedure is required. I tried it different ways, no dice.

This said, if reconfiguring my system to the ideal profile will require a complete reinstallation of windows (which I suspect it will) let me stop you right here. It's not worth the effort. Installing windows is the easy part. I have so much software to configure that it takes me days to get this workstation where I need it to be. I'd rather deal with not having drives in RAID than spend days reinstalling programs...

I come from Intel high end platforms, where RAID is mature and I never expected to have so many problems to get it going.
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 9:22am
daddyo, I think this is doable but some work, all for you.  I learned several things working with AMD Support.  I have a 3xNVMe RAID0 (960 EVOs) as my W10 drive.  I have NVMe mode set to RAID and SATA mode to AHCI (2 SATA HDDs and a DVD).  I think the secret for you is to leave your NVMe in NVMe mode and set the SATA mode to RAID.  Now this will require that all SATA drives be in a RAID.  The RAID can be your RAID1s, while your individual SATA drives would be VOLUME.  If you have SATA optical drives they should be moved to the ASMedia SATA connectors (seems like you have a X399 Taichi).  Would be work but could be fun.  If you get more interested, I will make you a more detailed step-by-step.  Enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic