ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Constant Blue Screens on Windows 7Pro

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Constant Blue Screens on Windows 7Pro
    Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 6:14am
I have just bought an ASRock Z170 Extreme 6, a pair of GSkill DDR4 2400 (8+8GB) a Samsung 850Pro 512GB. Use the video signal from intel 5 6600K via DVI cable.
First I cloned a Windows 10 installation (on other motherboard) I tried to update/replace INF and drivers but the system crashed. Thus I format again the SSD, installed a DVDRW an place the Windows 7 installation disk to start again from zero. 
Even while installing Windows 7 I got a couple of crashes with Blue Screens. And then when I could enter Windows (mouse did not work in any connection USB 2/3 of Antec case) I tried to install updates, averytiem it installed a few or just one, it crashed with a Blue Screen, it has happened many times, repeatedly. even opening Internet Explorer or doing a search crashed down the PC. I tried also to install some drivers LAN, USB from the mobo CD, needed to try 2/3 times as it crashed again and again.
I have also tried to update the UEFI Bios and it hang up at 98% the 2 times I have tried.
Finally I have clear the CMOS, even removed the battery, used the Bios2 and later copied it to Bios1 without result.
The motherborad (the system) is quite unstable and crashes all the time even checking the Windows version. I even get errors trying to install some Windows updates (SP1,...)

Blue screens:
Most frequent error:
MEMORY_MANAGEMENT Stop 0x0000001A
Others:
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA  Stop 0x00000050
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL  Stop 0x0000000A
CACHE_MANAGER Stop 0x00000034

Please let me know if the mobo is faulty to exchange it ASAP. Thanks in advance

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2015 at 12:38pm
The BSOD you are getting is usually related to either RAM or hard disk problems. Try with just one stick of RAM and see if you are still getting BSODs, if so then try the other one. If you get BSODs with both modules then it may be a fault with your SSD or its cables, try it on a different port. If none of this helps then your RAM may not be compatible with the board but I don't think that is the case as it is an older model G-Skill kit and I suspect your RAM is on the product memory support page. 

If you are unable to update the BIOS then there is definitely a hardware fault. Most likely RAM related. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic