ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

My experience with AB350 Gaming-ITX and 2200G

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BunnyDragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My experience with AB350 Gaming-ITX and 2200G
    Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 12:05am
Hey guys, just thought I'd share my experiences here since it seems a lot of us are having issues getting everything to work properly.  I know I've run into more black/blue screens of death in the last week than I ever have in my life, and I imagine others are frustrated, too.

What I've learned:

2200G and current bios are very particular with the RAM you use.  Right now, I have a Patriot series 3400mhz 16gb kit that are stable and working at 3333mhz.  These are samsung sticks, and if you have the money, I would recommend them.

There are so many drivers for so many things, narrowing down issues is like someone throwing a handful of pennies at you, and leaving it up to you to figure out which penny it was that cracked your front tooth.  Very difficult!

Wireless card does NOT work properly with the current drivers and bios.  If you're getting BSODS and you are running wifi, plug in and disable WAN in bios for now.  The drivers just aren't there yet.

iGPU voltage on monitors is still showing like 0.0001v for some reason.  I don't know why, but this may just be a bug with the monitors at the moment. 

I'm assuming all of us eventually want to overclock our system.  For me, at least, I cannot use bios and Ryzen Master together.  When I try to use XMP enabled ram speeds with Ryzen Master, I end up crashing almost every time.  So, I tried disabling all bios settings and used Ryzen Master alone.  I was able to get the iGPU to 1300mhz, RAM to around 2800, but it still wasn't stable.  I am now using strictly bios, running XMP at 3.7ghz, 333mhz RAM, and 1300mhz iGPU.

I ran Aida64 for 7 hours last night with no crashing.  This is the most success I've had to so far!  For some reason, I cannot get my iGPU above 1300, though, and this upsets me.  I'm not sure if it is bios or drivers, but whatever the issue, it will constantly crash on me.  If anyone has a solution for this, I'm all ears!

Also, if anyone has a link or data for the hexcodes ASrock AB350 bios uses for voltages, I would LOVE to have them.  It took me a while to figure out a value that works for the GPU voltage, but right now 1300/38 is stable for me @1300mhz.
superneo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superneo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 12:23am
Hi, 
i cant really help you, but i have a question. How is it possible to overclock the GPU in the Bios? I didnt found any GPU Speed options.

I was just able to overclock with Ryzen Master Software. My GPU runs with stock Voltages stable at 1550Mhz.

Edited by superneo - 03 Mar 2018 at 12:25am
BunnyDragon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BunnyDragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 12:30am
I can't remember the exact navigation and I don't have the 'puter in front of me, but try going into ADVANCED and either AMD CBS or the other AMD one.  Look through the menus to find a XMP 2.0 folder towards the lower part of the screen.  Once you get into the XMP 2.0, goto ADVANCED folder and you'll find the MHZ and Voltage there.  Beware, it only registers hex codes for the voltage, so be careful with the values you put here.  First time I did it, I kept the voltage at 0 thinking it would default to auto and it caused my system to not post.
MisterJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MisterJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 12:39am
Well stated, BunnyDragon. Thanks.  I suspect that a new BIOS/UEFI is going to be required to get this all going.  I also suspect the Wi-Fi problem is a UEFI problem not an Intel or driver problem.  The only suggestion I have is to BE SURE to DL your AMD drivers (Chip Set, Video) from here: https://support.amd.com/en-us/download
In general, please avoid ASRock drivers with some exceptions (eg. RAID).  Enjoy, John.
Fat1 X399 Pro Gaming, TR 1950X, RAID0 3xSamsung SSD 960 EVO, G.SKILL FlareX F4-3200C14Q-32GFX, Win 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler, Radeon RX580, BIOS 2.00, 2xHDDs WD
superneo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superneo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 1:17am
Originally posted by BunnyDragon BunnyDragon wrote:

It took me a while to figure out a value that works for the GPU voltage, but right now 1300/38 is stable for me @1300mhz.

Thank you for your help. I found the Bios option to set the GPU Speed. The default VID Value should be 48, cause the default SOC VID is 48. SOC and GPU Voltage is default 1.1 Volt, so both Values should be the same. My GPU is now running with Bios settings 1550/48.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BunnyDragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 2:28am
Good to hear!  I plan on messing with this a bit more to see if I can push that 1300 further.  I will double check my numbers as well.  Some others have reported bringing up the voltage of SOC to 1.2 and gpu to 1.3 for a higher mhz clock, but if it's running at 1550 at 1.1, that's good to hear!
JohnM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 2:43am
You don't say which UEFI BIOS you're using, other than "current". The P4.40 is badly broken. The beta L4.43 is much more usable. The only issues I've had with it are the known WiFi problem (I use cabled Ethernet anyway) and the PWM fan control (limited range even after calibrating). The only BSODs I've had with L4.43 have been when I tested the WiFi and due to buggy apps, such as GPU-Z (now fixed in version 2.8.0).
ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 ITX P4.90, AMD Ryzen 5 2400G, 2x8GB Corsair CMK16GX4M2A2666C16, 250GB Samsung 960EVO, 500GB Samsung 850EVO, 4TB WD Blue, Windows 10 Pro 64, Corsair SF450, Cooler Master Elite 110

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BunnyDragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 3:31am
Ahh, yeah.  4.40 was totally busted for me.  I'm on 4.43.  Are you running any OCing on your system, and if so, is it through bios or another program?  Did you have issues using XMP enabled for ram in bios in addition to ryzen master, for example?  I'm still trying to figure out what's going on with that and possible fixes.
JohnM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 3:44am
Originally posted by BunnyDragon BunnyDragon wrote:

Ahh, yeah.  4.40 was totally busted for me.  I'm on 4.43.  Are you running any OCing on your system, and if so, is it through bios or another program?  Did you have issues using XMP enabled for ram in bios in addition to ryzen master, for example?  I'm still trying to figure out what's going on with that and possible fixes.

Ryzen Master and BIOS overclocking are incompatible. You have to set the BIOS to defaults in order to use Ryzen Master. It may be convenient to do that and when you're happy copy the Ryzen Master settings (which don't survive a reboot) into the BIOS in order to fix them.

I'm not overclocking my processor at all. I'm overclocking my RAM to the optimum 2993 for the 2400G. All I had to do was choose 2993 instead of 2666 as the XMP profile and it's stable - no need to tweak voltage.
ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 ITX P4.90, AMD Ryzen 5 2400G, 2x8GB Corsair CMK16GX4M2A2666C16, 250GB Samsung 960EVO, 500GB Samsung 850EVO, 4TB WD Blue, Windows 10 Pro 64, Corsair SF450, Cooler Master Elite 110

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BunnyDragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2018 at 7:33am
Ahh thanks for that.  I think I will stick with the BIOS for now as it seems to be working more reliably.  My next step is to try and push the igpu above 1300mhz as most seem to be getting a much higher boost.  If it still continues to crash when above 1300mhz, do you have any thoughts of what may be happening?  Cooling is more than sufficient, so it must be either voltage(although stock voltage should net at least 1400mhz) or drivers issue.  The only other thing I can think of is that I am not certain whether or not my clean Windows install was 1609 or 1607.  However, I do have a 1609 boost disk ready to go should that be the problem.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic