ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350 Gaming ITX/ac - XMP reset on power loss

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hifihedgehog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 10:43am
I wholeheartedly agree. ASRock used to be so good, but they have totally fumbled in the area of long term support with this model. It has been well over a month now and they still have not released a non-beta BIOS update with PinnaclePI-AM4_1.0.0.3b, which fixes overaggressive GPU clock throttling on Raven Ridge CPUs. I could see taking two weeks, maybe three, for validation, but this has gotten totally out of hand.

Edited by hifihedgehog - 12 Jun 2018 at 10:44am
Mobawe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mobawe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 7:47pm
I agree

I experience the same issues with my AB350 ITX. and 2400G

I strongly urge Asrock to get that BIOS update out. 
I begin to suspect, that they have decided to just let us hang and then focussing on the new boards :-(

We talk several months now?, soon half a year ?
Ryzen 5 2400g/ ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ NH-L9A-AM4 L.PROFILE/ INWIN-CHOPIN 150W/ G.Skill Ripjaws V-DDR4,2x8-3600MHz(F4-3600C16D-16GVK)/ Samsung 850 EVO MZ-75E500-SSD-500GB/ UEFI-bios 4.51A
_Mael_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Mael_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2018 at 2:26am
Pls for 2200g & 2400g use Agesa 1002a beta   
hifihedgehog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hifihedgehog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2018 at 11:37am
Two months later and no new non-beta BIOS with the latest AGESA. This is getting ridiculous...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hifihedgehog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2018 at 6:34am
Another week, another MIA non-beta BIOS update with the latest AGESA.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hifihedgehog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 12:44pm
This XMP bug is somewhat fixed, but still other settings DO NOT persist after a restart or being unplugged from the wall. For someone who travels or attends LANs frequently and has to unplug my computer often, this is simply inexcusable. Namely, if I disable Bank Group Swap (BGS) and manually set the SOC voltage in the CBS area, these settings will reset when the system is disconnected from the wall. So I have to go through the exercise of booting into the BIOS and tediously reapplying these settings after every power disconnection. As a result, when Zen 2 is released, I will be searching out a motherboard from ASUS and will be moving on from ASRock. Quite simply, I cannot have a motherboard that does not have fully persistent BIOS settings that are unaffected by AC power.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic