ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

NEW AM4 BIOSes as of March 6 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 7:08am
Originally posted by Handrox Handrox wrote:

let's say it's stable about 90%

Wut?Wink
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 7:10am
Originally posted by Jm62383 Jm62383 wrote:

For testing purposes how would I go back to an older bios? I just tried to go back to 3.0 with the dos installer and it would not work? Do I need to flash back to 3.4 then back to 3.0?

Whatever you do, don't go below the BIOS rev that first accommodates whatever proc you Sig should be informing us of.
Christoph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christoph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 7:36am
Originally posted by Jm62383 Jm62383 wrote:

Upgraded from 3.0 to 3.4 to 4.7 on my AB350 K4 Gaming today. Probably being way to over cautious but I did a full 15 min power dc'd/battery out/jumpered bios clear between each bios flash and everything came out great...I wasnt having any issues before I flashed but I did it anyway. Tridentz 3600 still capped at 3466 :-(

same with me, ram at 3466, is not stable at 3600, but with bios 3.30 was  more stable than with the 4.40 now, with 3.30 bios I could post to windows even surf the net but with 4.40 it doesn't even post, that is why I haven't flash to 4.60 even more since there since to be a RAM performance drop
Christoph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christoph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 7:38am
by the way I registered to this forum just to see if anyone has any info on VDDP in the Taichi x370 board, I've read a lot but nothing really about this setting, does it improve ram stability? lower the voltage or higher?
Handrox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Handrox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 8:10am
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

let's say it's stable about 90%

Wut?Wink
I would like to say that it is stable in 90% of applications, I can for example install the system with RAM at 3600MHz without problems, play some games for hours, and some games like BF1, PUBG, TW3 for example do not stay stable and have random closures without time or even reset the machine.

Already 3466MHz CL14 with all tight timmings work 100% solid rock.
Asrock X370 Taichi + Ryzen 1700X@3.8GHz + 2x8GB GSkill TridentZ 3600MHz@3466MHz CL14 + MSi GTX 1070 Armor 2 OC
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 8:13am
Originally posted by Christoph Christoph wrote:

by the way I registered to this forum just to see if anyone has any info on VDDP in the Taichi x370 board, I've read a lot but nothing really about this setting, does it improve ram stability? lower the voltage or higher?

Welcome Christoph

https://community.amd.com/community/gaming/blog/2017/05/25/community-update-4-lets-talk-dram
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 8:16am

Already 3466MHz CL14 with all tight timmings work 100% solid rock.

That makes me want to play some with the kit/timings/voltages in my Sig.

It's been two AGESA releases ago since I've fiddled.
Christoph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christoph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 11:23am

Welcome Christoph

https://community.amd.com/community/gaming/blog/2017/05/25/community-update-4-lets-talk-dram

thanks and I've read that so many times but that does not help at all, the info is useless

does anyone have a guide about how to calculate timings manually?
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 11:30am

thanks and I've read that so many times but that does not help at all, the info is useless

I'm sorry you feel it is useless.

You're looking for quick and easy. With out the headaches of learning.
Christoph View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Christoph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2018 at 1:35pm

I'm sorry you feel it is useless.

You're looking for quick and easy. With out the headaches of learning.

oh this kids nowadays
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
  Share Topic