ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - NEW AM4 BIOSes as of March 8 2018 for WiFi Issues
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

NEW AM4 BIOSes as of March 8 2018 for WiFi Issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toucharaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 6:23am
Most BIOSes are customized AMI software (American Megatrends Inc.), so I wouldn't exactly say "own". But proprietary, yes. It's the same reason why gaming studios cripple their games for paying customers by using Denuvo: to protect their property. Whether that's reasonable or not, is another topic.
toucharaa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toucharaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 4:41am
Originally posted by toucharaa toucharaa wrote:

Most BIOSes are customized AMI software (American Megatrends Inc.), so I wouldn't exactly say "own". But proprietary, yes. It's the same reason why gaming studios cripple their games for paying customers by using Denuvo: to protect their property. Whether that's reasonable or not, is another topic.

https://thegadgetwire.com/tutuapp/      https://onlinesbi.tips/       https://thegadgetwire.com/appvalley/
Mr.Yaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Yaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2019 at 11:03pm
I update my Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac bios to version 5.6 then the Wi-Fi adapter looks like disable the antenna and wifi signal became too weak, I contact Asrock and create a ticket, next day they reply "we suggest you to contact your dealer first.If your dealer can?™t solve your problem, ASRock web site also offers FAQ and CPU support lists" !!! Really Funny !!

It's been month now and problem still their !! so this is the last time buying a junk from junk company??

Dr Boss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr Boss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 7:00pm
I tried to find an answer from Asrock support twice. Both times no answer and is related to an issue found on the internet multiple times which means that it is something frequent and more of Asrock mobo issues. I didn't contact the retailer as they cannot provide this level of information and because I found this issue multiple times on the internet.

The issue is related to booting. The computer boots without screen and the keyboard and mouse both are not on (both have light). I have to shut down once or more times until it starts normally. Because my case has a small window I can see that video card light is on (is a 1060 Founders Ed) and the cooler and fans spinning.

The second issue I mentioned in my tickets is the fact that every time I try to open the Masterkey Fatality program Windows 10 crashes (blue screen).
Dr Boss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr Boss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 7:05pm
My motherboard is a Fatality X370 ITX and I have on it a Ryzen 5 1600x CPU and 2xGSKILL Ripjaws V 3200 (CL14).
Dr Boss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr Boss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 7:09pm
I forgot to mention that I have also issues with both LAN and WiFi connections after the system goes in idle/sleep.

So probably it can be a hardware issue and only the retailer can save us by replacing the motherboard with an Asrock or ... other brands :) .
Dr Boss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr Boss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2019 at 7:14pm
And to finish my speech if they will not help me I will never buy in my life something from Asrock :) and tell all friends not to buy something from this brand. :)
Dr Boss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr Boss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2019 at 6:16pm
Thanks to the Asrock forum (possibly) I just received advice from Asrock support :)
Hartukktu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hartukktu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 7:10pm
What was the advice? Did it help?
Mr.Yaz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr.Yaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 10:09pm
Hello All
I really feel shame and upset in the same time
I write about wifi issue and I thought it duo to BIOS upgrade

few weeks later and when I run out of hope I unplug the antenna and look what I find

the soldering was weak and I didn't notes that for the whole time that it get out of its screws

so I bought new antenna from amazon and things got better
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JVDNDCR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

in brief, the problem fixed and every thing became better than before
I do apologies to Asrock team for what I have sayed before, but hope you improved your product quelity even in simple items as antenna
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic