ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z170 Extreme7+ Memory Issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeteH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z170 Extreme7+ Memory Issues
    Posted: 10 Sep 2015 at 1:36am
Hi all,

Can only install Windows 10 on my new build with the 2x 8GB memory in slots DDR4_A1 and DDR4_B1. If I put them in DDR4_A2 and DDR4_B2 (the preferred slots according to the manual) Windows 10 goes into the "repair loop". Going to re-seat my processor tomorrow just in case. Anyone else had issues?

Pete
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2015 at 2:03am
Did you clear the CMOS/BIOS after moving your memory to the other slots?

Any time you change the slot location of the DIMMs you use, you must clear the CMOS/BIOS. Otherwise you will have problems like you have seen.
PeteH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeteH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2015 at 3:11am
Wasn't aware of that. I'll try it in the morning and report back. Thanks for you help. Pete
PeteH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeteH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2015 at 2:49pm
Reset CMOS this morning and everything now works as it should. Thanks for your help. Pete
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 12:48am
Great, thanks for reporting back.

After any hardware change, changing slots of a video card or memory, simply changing the SATA port connections of your drives or adding a new drive, clearing the CMOS/BIOS should be done. You may see Windows requesting a reboot after adding or changing drives, that won't happen after a CMOS/BIOS clear.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic