ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac+Athlon950 W-Lan stopping Sys
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac+Athlon950 W-Lan stopping Sys

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drakrochma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac+Athlon950 W-Lan stopping Sys
    Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 6:43pm
Hi,

I have  a Asrock AB350 itx-Board and it seems like the W-LAN-module causes HDD-Rite errors.
After the system was running for maybe an hour the harddrive seems to stop wriging data.
I hat a m.2-SSD and a seagate barracuda 2 TB in the system.
Both stopped writing after maybe an hour.
I thought of ahardwarefailure and replaced the ssd with a samsung 960 evo and the hdd with a Toshiba X300.
The error remained.

I did a Bios-Update to 4.51beta.
Still the problem occured.
I deactivated the W-Lan-Module in windows without success.
I disabled the module in Bios and since the I hat no further crashes.

Any Idea how to fix this?

System:

Asrock AB350 itx-ac
Athlon 950
Zotac 1050 ti  itx
2x8GB Adata 3200mhz @ 2133Mhz
Samsung 960 evo 256GB
Toshiba X300 5TB

be quiet! SFX Power 2 300W SFX
Windows 10 pro 64 bit

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 7:11pm
The Beta BIOS fixes an issue with Wifi for Raven Ridge CPUs (new Ryzen APUs). You are having issues with a Bristol Ridge CPU, I have to wonder if it is related somehow. 

I will pass this info on to my contacts at ASRock. In the mean time, I would just keep the onboard wifi disabled and use a USB wifi adapter. I wish I could help more.

Edited by Xaltar - 21 Mar 2018 at 7:16pm
drakrochma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drakrochma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 7:22pm
I already disabled the WIFI in bios but the WIFI-connection still is shown in Windows.
So, seems like this switch does not work.

If this might help, i tried to collect some more information:
- It seems like the problem gets better the longer the PC is running.
If I start the PC at the morning, it will crash within 15 minutes.
If I just keep it running for hours and then do a hard reset, the Computer will run with ness problems, and a lower chance to crash.

- Once the LAN-connection is lost, i can not start any programm anymore.
I can do a double-click, but nothing will happen.

- If the LAN-connection crashed, somethimes the "Problembehandlung" might help.

- The Mouse-Port only works for maybe 30 seconds, then the mouse still seems to be active as the lights are still on, but I can´t move the cursor anymore.
I have the same problem at the USB3-Port close to the mouse-port.

If there is anything else I can do, just let me know.

cristy6100 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cristy6100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2018 at 7:43pm
I can confirm the bug with loosing USB ports and Bristol Ridge, after a random amount of time, USB ports stop working completely until a reboot, but not all of them, they go out in pairs of two, this happens only with Bristol Ridge CPU's not with Ryzen, tested with 2 PSU's and 2 different memory modules, clearly another bios issue.
I can also confirm that switching the WLAN to disable does nothing.

So far WE CANNOT DISABLE SATA/WLAN/LAN. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drakrochma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 5:16pm
Just did hard reset  nr 14 for today as the system keeps freezing and bugging.
This board slowly drives me crazy.
I don´t think, taht all these hard resets will be good for the other parts in the PC or the windoes installation.

Are we allowed to uninstall the W-Lan-card without loosinf any waranty as it seems like this causes a lot of trouble?
An other option would be to give the trader, that sold it.
All I can say til now is " keep your fingers away from this board"

I can surf in the internet for maybe 10 to 20 minutes, but whenever I start steam or origin or uplay or a lager download, all I can do is pray and prepare to reboot...

Could anyone tell me if there is any help to be expected?

PS:
Sorry for the bad english, but somehow this board blows away any once known grammar ;)
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 6:08pm
You can remove the Wifi card without issues, it is installed in a mini PCIe slot so easy to put back in if you need to return for warranty at any point. It is an add in card.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drakrochma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 7:17pm
Ok, thank you. :)

Just did a downgrade vom 4.51 beta to 3.60 and, so far, the system seems to run.
I got several "unexpected errors" While downloading games from origin, but beside this, the system at least was running for a littele more that 90 minutes without loosing usb-ports or causing other problems beside the errors in origin.

Once I am back from shoping I will uninstall the WiFi-Card and see what happens.

Do you know if a new vbios is planned, that supports all Cpus?

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cristy6100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 7:32pm
I am sure that ASRock will release a new bios if not this month, then at the beginning of april to fix the throttling and bios bugs, if not they will see a very high return rate on the motherboards for sure, I for one will return all 4 ITX Fatality's I bought
In the end I have not spent almost 800 Euros on components that are not even tested, this is bad managment from AMD/ASRock, Raven Ridge was tapped out last year, what was ASRock doing all those months instead of testing out the firmware with Raven Ridge? C'mon who tested these firmwares did not bother to try and switch off the peripheral controllers? (SATA/WLAN/LAN) or do a load test on both the CPU/GPU?
The team that worked on all AM4 UEFI's should be fired, and skilled personnel should be hired, why is Asus/Gigabyte not affected by all those bugs? They use the same AMD provided AGESA code, well I tell you why: because they test the firmware before release...

Edited by cristy6100 - 22 Mar 2018 at 7:37pm
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 8:43pm
The AGESA code is largely behind most of the bugs people are having as well as the architectural differences between Summit Ridge and Raven Ridge (1 CCX + Vega graphics on Raven Ridge vs 2 on Summit Ridge). This means a difference in the number of PCIe lanes as well as their distribution. As the kinks are worked out via AGESA updates we will see better generational/legacy support.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cristy6100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2018 at 8:50pm
I really hope so, cause I see no other AMD ITX option for the moment, the Asus ones lack video outputs, the Gigabyte one has bad connector placement, MSI is out of the question and Biostar does not have a decent market/support around Europe.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic