ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Warning to users with older video cards

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 3:44pm
Dear cristy6100,

Greetings, this is ASRock TSD.

The BIOS default of CSM option is enabled and also Launch Video OpROM Policy option is legacy mode so that it doesn?™t affect the display output.

Besides, we tested the graphics cards which only support legacy mode, it can properly display when the system boot up.

Thanks!

All the best,
ASRock TSD

cristy6100 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cristy6100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Originally posted by SoniC SoniC wrote:

I took a look at the newest 4.61 BIOS for X370 Gaming X and found out that the settings are there, just removed from the setup screen / Boot / CSM menu entry...

Currently these are present in the menu:
Handle    Control Group 
090F(Main Menu CSM)
0502       CSM
050A       Launch PXE OpROM Policy
050C       Launch Storage OpROM Policy

What is missing is 
050E       Launch Video OpROM Policy

They (ASRock) "just" need to re-add it back to the menu.
Unfortunately I cannot add this string to the BIOS-Menu by myself else it would have worked right away.

SoniC, thank you. I have notified those in charge to investigate this.

I tried duping it here and cant.

As Sonic wrote here, the "Launch Video OpROM Policy" is present but not enabled in latest bios files, so video cards without UEFI/GOP bios present are not working with latest (in my case L4.51) bios

I have tested this with HD6970/GTX580/GTX680 none of them will display image, switching the output to the HDMI from the 2400G will display image, booting windows with any of these cards will not detect them at all in device manager. It is clear that the motherboard doesn't even initialize any comunication with the video cards, this further confirms that the CSM module for legacy video cards is not enabled un latest bios versions.

Edited by cristy6100 - 02 Apr 2018 at 4:34pm
Main Rig: AMD Ryzen 2400G | ASRock Fatality X370 ITX/ac UEFI 4.90 | Corsair LPX DDR4 2400@3200 1.35V | Corsair RM650i PSU | CM ML120L AiO Cooler
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic