ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - AB350 ITX/AC & Ryzen 2400g.  No video, POST, etc.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350 ITX/AC & Ryzen 2400g. No video, POST, etc.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2018 at 10:52pm
It leads me to think that as far as BIOS, you only have an updated sticker, sounds like the actual BIOS may be pre-bridge. I has been known that stickers applied but actual Bios no updated .
ASRock X370-ITX BIOS 4.50
R5 2600    Cryorig C7
EVGA GTX 950 75w
2x8GB Ballistix Sport LT 2933
960Evo M.2 256GB, Firecuda 1TB
Win 10 Pro 64 1803
G-Unique Archdaemon 300 Watt
Lian-li Q21B
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 1:31am
Originally posted by stree stree wrote:

It leads me to think that as far as BIOS, you only have an updated sticker, sounds like the actual BIOS may be pre-bridge. I has been known that stickers applied but actual Bios no updated .

If there is a Raven Ridge BIOS version sticker on the BIOS chip and or board packaging, ASRock updated the BIOS. I have been assured this is the case by sources I trust. The only possible way that anyone can receive a board with a Raven Ridge Ready sticker on the box when the board has not been updated is in the case of a mixup with a return at the retail outlet in which case the serial number on the box would not match the one on the board.

stree View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 1:55am
Xaltar, OK, I accept that, but something is amiss here and I am just trying to explore every possibility.
What about trying with an SSD instead of the M.2?
Hard to think what to try next.
R5 2600    Cryorig C7
EVGA GTX 950 75w
Win 10 Pro 64 1803
Lian-li Q21B
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 2:15am
I am right there with you stree Wink

I have been scratching my head over this one too. 

I have heard some users simply powered on the machine and left it powered and returned to a post screen. It my be worth trying. I would use a DVI monitor with adapter cable and give it a shot (this combo works most of the time in case the issue is the display output mode). 

If after 30 mins being powered up there is still not post, let us know. It may help to attach a PC speaker to the system and test without memory to see if you get the no RAM beeps. Turning off the post beep (set by default to off) does not effect error beeps so you should get something. Given this is the second board, check the serial numbers and see if they are close, if they are then they may both be from a bad batch (box dropped in shipping for example). From what I have seen boards are generally shipped in batches of 10 so this is a possibility. 

Stree's suggestion of disconnecting the M.2 is also a good one. Remove everything that isn't needed for post. Problems like these are a real pain. We will help you through it.
stree View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 2:18am
and maybe, if not tried, use the other HDMI port on the back........I tend to stick to the one nr the KB-mouse port.  Might as well try everything.....
The Raijintek Metis Plus comes with a small optional speaker in the pack.......

Edited by stree - 28 Mar 2018 at 2:24am
R5 2600    Cryorig C7
EVGA GTX 950 75w
Win 10 Pro 64 1803
Lian-li Q21B
RayB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 11:07am
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your comments.   

Well if the BIOS sticker and Box labelled as desktop 2000 ready is to be believed.  Then as you've said it should of been updated by asrock.   So if that is the case this all should be working.

In addition to your other comments.

1) I have also tried a SATA drive vs the M.2
2) I've tried both HDMI ports on 2 separate monitors that both work HDMI to another system.  I'll have to grab a HTML/DVI dongle to try out the other suggestion.   But if I am not even getting any POST errors/beeps from the PC speaker I'm a little reluctant to think this is the problem.
3) The Raijentek speaker has been on both motherboards from the start of this mess, I've had zero beeps/error codes at any time.
4) The 2 motherboards appear to be far apart in serial number versions.  one is 137xxx the other is 175xxx

I'm going to let it run for an hour just to see if anything pops up as Xaltar has mentioned.

Cheers,
RayB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 11:35am
No results/changes after letting it just run for an hour.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 1:11pm
OK, so here is what we know:

1) 2 Motherboards, same issue
2) 2 Kits of RAM tested, one of which is on the QVL
3) No PC Speaker activity (even with no RAM installed?)

Logically, the odds of 2 boards being dead or for some reason not what they claim to be is exceedingly low, particularly given the variance in serial numbers (not same batch).

It's time to go old school on this thing.

1) Set up one of the boards outside the case on it's product box
2) Install a single stick of RAM in the slot furthest from the CPU
3) Hook up your power supply being sure you have an 8pin CPU power lead hooked up to the board, not a PCIe 8pin.
4) Make sure your PC speaker is hooked up

Test

If there is no life then remove all RAM from the system. If there is a beep code let me know, if not then try the other board in the same way. If both boards provide no beep codes with no memory installed then you need to try another PSU. Regardless of BIOS version, if you have no RAM and there is a pin compatible CPU installed then you should get a beep code. Before the board even checks the CPU the RAM must be initiated so no RAM - beep code.

If you do remove the CPU, make sure you check for bent/missing pins. Missing pins will be obvious, a solder pad with a nub in the middle of it. Blank areas are just unused pins not missing ones. 

Let us know how that goes and please feel free to ask questions if you want clarification on any of the steps.
RayB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 9:49pm
Well, it is working.  How, I have no idea.

- I had already both Motherboards outside of the case for testing purposes as you described in your last response.  
- The latest board, I did as you recommended and couldn't get it to beep with zero ram, 1 stick of ram produced same result. 
- Went and did the same to the first motherboard.   It beeped with no ram.   Finally, something.
- Put on the basic connections and it started to work.
- The ONLY different thing I did between the 2 boards was on the original board that was suddenly now working, I had accidently left the reset CMOS jumper set overnight.  Previously I had left it for an hour with no luck.   

So it is good that it is now working.  But, no idea why it suddenly sprang to life and displayed the same symptoms across 2 new boards.  Now I've moved on to a continuously crashing windows 10 OS while trying to run the updates and any installs.  

Thanks for all the comments.   
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 9:57pm
Progress Big smile

For the crashing, download the very latest installation media from MS and create a new install medium. 
Make sure you install with factory defaults in the UEFI (no XMP in particular)
Only have the OS drive installed during installation

Now we see what else is going on.

Edited by Xaltar - 28 Mar 2018 at 9:57pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic