ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Will ASRock EVER fix this???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Ivan_83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ivan_83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Will ASRock EVER fix this???
    Posted: 06 May 2018 at 11:44am
What about VRM settings for mobos based on ISL95712!?

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8594&PID=51080&title=asrock-fatal1ty-x470-gaming-k4-cant-fixed-vcore#51080
JohnM View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 10:51pm
That's a useful improvement. It's a shame BIOS 4.60 doesn't include the latest AGESA as that's what Raven Ridge really needs, and Pinnacle Ridge too. I'll install it anyway to see if it fixes the fan control problem.

UPDATE: No, it doesn't. It worked properly on 4.40 though.

Edited by JohnM - 25 Apr 2018 at 3:57am
ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 ITX P4.90, AMD Ryzen 5 2400G, 2x8GB Corsair CMK16GX4M2A2666C16, 250GB Samsung 960EVO, 500GB Samsung 850EVO, 4TB WD Blue, Windows 10 Pro 64, Corsair SF450, Cooler Master Elite 110
stree View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 6:58pm
That BIOS just appeared today.not going to bother with it myself,  unpacked it to USB just in case, for my X360 ITX and AB350 ITX,but 1.0.0.2a is imminent, already released on some new MBs.
Hopefully some all round improvements with it.
Have a look at this:

AGESA 1002a vs. 1000a.  Ryzen 5 2400G (Ryzen 3 2200G) Asus Prime A320M-K. Bios Updatehttps://youtu.be/dggzOlFvm38
ASRock X370-ITX BIOS 4.50
R5 2600    Cryorig C7
EVGA GTX 950 75w
2x8GB Ballistix Sport LT 2933
960Evo M.2 256GB, Firecuda 1TB
Win 10 Pro 64 1803
G-Unique Archdaemon 300 Watt
Lian-li Q21B
Thenightstalker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thenightstalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 5:04am
Well, ASRock Support contacted me today ...

The rep said they're digging into that now, at least they tried to work on that cold boot issue. They checked out that HPET Table thing and guess what, they sent me a brand new bios > 4.60

I just flashed it and tried a bit but can't geht my settings to work right now. Tha HPET Table has now only ACTIVEATED or DISABLED and activated is default. That's at least something ;-)

AGESA version is still 1.0.0.1a ... :-(

I now have to go through alot of testing again but not tonight, I'm tired.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thenightstalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 1:07am
Yeah ;-)

It really seems to work now, I was able to reboot today after setting also the frambuffer manually.

NOW I'm trying to fix the stuttering issue (games stutter heavily when core performance boost is active). I heard using custom pstates would work (for wat reason ever) or at least reduce the problem since you can set the lowest frequency.

Ok now I'm experimenting with the pstates since about an hour or two but it doesn't work. One thing is, that it sometimes just won't turn on (no post nothing) and when it turns on and boots into windows there's no throttling, it's stuck at 3.9 Ghz (which is max. turbo frequency).

I tried setting only pstate 0 to 3.9 (I don't need to OC, just max. turbo speed) and leave the others at auto > didn't work. Then I tried setting all manually, didn't worked either. Now I set the first 3 but also no throttling?!

And I also don't understand why it sometimes won't even post. 3.9 should be no problem, that's the official turbo speed for this CPU so it better run there lol.

I also set a +50 ofset vor vcore but that didn't changed a thing, Ryzen Master tool always says 1.45 vcore as it is set in the pstate so don't even know why I should set this ofset value there but I read it somewhere and tried it.

cx5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cx5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 10:30am
Originally posted by Thenightstalker Thenightstalker wrote:

Yeah, looks like I'm going to be happy eventually ... .loool

And he gave me a tipp also, he said that somtimes LOWERING the ram voltage to 1.25 V could help, I still don't understand how but ok.

Congratulations on solving.

Regarding lowering voltage, I recall voltage swing, i.e. how fast the voltage jump from digital 1 to digital 0, theoretically we want instant 90 degrees swing, but that's not in reality, there's a time hence a very steep slope/angle.

The higher the voltage, the more it has to travel, the longer it takes to complete the change state. That's why we have latency in built, sort of to let it settle clean no bad trailing effects, etc etc jargons I don't know about. 

That's why lower and lower voltages for all sorts of electronics signal processes are exercise. 

A funny rememberance was the AMD Athlon year 2000 ??? there about require overclock the CPU from default voltage 1.5 I think drop to 1.2 and success from 1Ghz to 1.4Ghz crazy concept.
x370taichi@3.50gen4
AX750 Optane900P SN770
3800x PosdonZro4 BarrowPWM-17w>420x140x28
XFX SWFT319 6900XT
MSI RX560 LP to get Fluid Motion BlueskyFRC 75hz

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thenightstalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 6:22am
Yeah, looks like I'm going to be happy eventually ... .loool

Today it booted up again, no Problem, even at slightly OCed 1630 Mhz :-)
Still no idea what's different, maybe the ACPI thing now works, that's the only thing I really changed... oh no, there's one other thing, I haven't manually adressed the frambuffer in my latest attempts because I was too lazy doing it everytime again and again.
Maybe that's the reason? If so > no god. I'll test this now, we'll see tomorrow if it still works with framebuffer set to 2 GB.

ASRock support also answered me, they told me, that they are working on the Uefi setting input (to make it decimal and Volts instead of HEX and VID) for the ITX board. The rep called it "cryptical" and said he'll inform the Bios guys but they are already working. He also told me, that they inform AMD about the RAM issues amd hope they'll fix some of that with a new AGESA release but he couldn't tell me more about... at least he sounded honest.

And he gave me a tipp also, he said that somtimes LOWERING the ram voltage to 1.25 V could help, I still don't understand how but ok.

I'll continue testing. I hope they'll also fix the core performance boost thing that causes the stuttering in games. If that's gone and my RAM runs with decent timings I'm happy!

cx5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cx5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 11:17am
Hi @Thenightstalker,

These things a live man......... but congratulations another one going to be very happy customer.

A few words about re-keying-in the same numbers work in later day..... for my case, I use the calculator then key in everything but fails immediately F9 beep warning. Then I realize don't key in all at once, just use a previously bootable timings, then key in one at a time and reboot, rinse and repeat. 

Along the way I could have swear I used those parameters before, but didn't work, either quick death F9 beep beep, or partial POST Dr.Debug numbers stop half way, but after some time it would accept the new timing, something like that anyway.

Waaait what ... my system just booted up ... cold. OK it wasn't unplugged completely but it was turned off for several hours. 

However I still got NO idea what's different this time.

Edited by cx5 - 19 Apr 2018 at 11:18am
x370taichi@3.50gen4
AX750 Optane900P SN770
3800x PosdonZro4 BarrowPWM-17w>420x140x28
XFX SWFT319 6900XT
MSI RX560 LP to get Fluid Motion BlueskyFRC 75hz
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 5:06am

Hmm I can't edit the values in the Ryzen Dram calculator tool, I can only read XMP but the values seem to be not right!?

How can I make sure I really have good settings, it's driving me crazy.

...hmmmmmmmmmmm  where it says profile version

change this from v1 to custom and now you can enter your nanoseconds
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thenightstalker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 4:50am
Hmm I can't edit the values in the Ryzen Dram calculator tool, I can only read XMP but the values seem to be not right!?

How can I make sure I really have good settings, it's driving me crazy.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic