ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X399 Taichi CSM bug - code 0E

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cristy6100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 6:18pm
There is another CSM bug with the AB350/X370 thread is here http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8184&PN=1&title=warning-to-users-with-older-video-cards
Not really related besides the fact that its regarding the CSM module, but worth mentioning that there is a problem with ASRock and the CSM function on all boards it seems
Main Rig: AMD Ryzen 2400G | ASRock Fatality X370 ITX/ac UEFI 4.90 | Corsair LPX DDR4 2400@3200 1.35V | Corsair RM650i PSU | CM ML120L AiO Cooler
JayB33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayB33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2018 at 9:54pm
It's specifically the error code 0E displayed on the debug LED. We don't know what it refers to, as it's not in the manual.
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 1:35am
0E runs in hardware low level initialisation part of your bios (SEC / bootloader)
and it is CPU microcode not found error code

dunno if teh usual "reseat your cpu / RAM" will help you if its from CSM

hmm u may try to reflash your bios, otherwise fell free to try older bios version if any of them are fine
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 1:41am
https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/754385-ryzen-1800x-error-0e-microcode-not-found-asus-x370-rog/
some guy here had similar issue and he resolved it with replacing some faulty ram

its wort to try to clear CMOS and run one stick at a time
scythefwd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scythefwd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 1:43am
Is this only for booting off of nvme raid?  I can validate that csm off and iommu on or off works on my box without the raid..

JayB33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayB33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 2:58am
Well I have no problem booting from defaults and my ram sticks pass stress testing, but still CSM + IOMMU disabled = 0E. I can disable them individually no problem.
Tangles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tangles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2018 at 10:42am
No response to my technical support inquiry from ASRock yet Ermm
Tangles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tangles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 9:47am
EDIT: Received a response from ASRock support - they have confirmed the steps I've taken, although contradicted AMD's instructions for setting up boot from NVMe in that they aren't suggesting CSM be disabled:

Dear Tim,

Thank you for choosing ASRock and contacting us.

Please clear CMOS to load BIOS default setting and boot into BIOS setup.

• Adjust the following setting to make your system boot into your NVMe RAID again:
  • Advanced tab>SATA Mode to "RAID mode"
  • Advanced tab>AMD PBS>NVMe RAID mode to "Enable"
  • CSM>Enable
  • Launch Storage OpROM Policy>UEFI Only

I have definitely tried this configuration and NVMe RAID does not show up as a boot option. With no other disks installed, the "Hard drive BBS boot prioirity" list is empty, as is the F11 boot menu, and of course the system does not boot if I simply turn it on and let it boot. Have replied, will see if they can turn up something further.

Edited by Tangles - 20 Apr 2018 at 7:40pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic