ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 Pro4 - 5 beeps - no love

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nfdavenport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X370 Pro4 - 5 beeps - no love
    Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 1:00pm
Doing my first AMD build in a decade.  Getting no love from my new X370 Pro4 and I can't find a guide to the beep codes.  The CPU and RAM are on the compatibility lists.

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 YD1600BBAEBOX (box version of YD1600BBM6IAE)
RAM: G.SKILL FORTIS 2x8GB DDR4 2400 F4-2400C15D-16GFT (In A2/B2)
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 (works in old PC)
SSD: SAMSUNG 960 EVO MZ-V6E500BW NVMe (256GB version on the lists)

I get 5 beeps at startup and nothing works.  If I take out the video card, then I get 2 sets of 5 beeps.  If I don't plug the power into the video card then I get no beeps and nothing happens.  Video card tested ok in old PC.

Same behavior with only one DIMM.  Same behavior with the NVMe drive removed.  With the video card in the fan spins down on the video card after the 5 beeps.  Nothing ever shows on the monitor at any point.  The 256GB version of the NVMe is on the list and the 512GB works for others, same behavior without it installed anyway.

I've reseated everything, tried one DIMM, pulled everything but CPU, RAM and GPU, most everything I know to try.  Any suggestions appreciated.  Thanks!

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 3:18pm
Have you tried the GPU in another PCIe slot?

If you have not already, pull the power from the system and take out the battery for a few hours. You can clear CMOS with the jumper too while you are at it just to be 100% certain things clear properly.
nfdavenport View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nfdavenport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by Xaltar Xaltar wrote:

Have you tried the GPU in another PCIe slot?

If you have not already, pull the power from the system and take out the battery for a few hours. You can clear CMOS with the jumper too while you are at it just to be 100% certain things clear properly.

I just tried the it in the one other PCIe slot with no luck.  2 quick sets of 5 beeps.

I did try clearing the CMOS yesterday for about an hour as well.  I'll leave the battery out today and try again with the GPU in the other slot.  Thanks.
cristy6100 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cristy6100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 1:21am
Take memory out, it should beep differently, if still the same take everything out including CPU, leave just the motherboard and a fan (so you can see if it boots up) you should have no beeps without CPU, re-seat the CPU firmly in the socket and check again with just the CPU plugged in the motherboard, without GPU/RAM or anything else. Se how it beeps it should be 1 short beep with pauses. Usually in AMI 5 beeps tell of a expansion card I/O error or main processor I/O error.
After all this has been done report back results 

Cheers

Edited by cristy6100 - 28 Apr 2018 at 1:25am
Main Rig: AMD Ryzen 2400G | ASRock Fatality X370 ITX/ac UEFI 4.90 | Corsair LPX DDR4 2400@3200 1.35V | Corsair RM650i PSU | CM ML120L AiO Cooler
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 2:49am
my gtx1060 also 5time beeps when i disable csm
asrock bios doesnt like those cards
nfdavenport View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nfdavenport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 11:40am
Thanks all.  ASRock customer support said the 5 beeps was a video card issue.  Since the card was good and multiple good cards didn't work I sent it back to newegg.  All the same stuff worked just fine the slightly older B350 board I bought to replace it.
wardog View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by nfdavenport nfdavenport wrote:

Thanks all.  ASRock customer support said the 5 beeps was a video card issue.  Since the card was good and multiple good cards didn't work I sent it back to newegg.  All the same stuff worked just fine the slightly older B350 board I bought to replace it.

Interesting. Makes no sense to me, the GPU bit, but interesting.

Thanks for the reply.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic