ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedX370 Taichi - Great hardware, toxic support

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: X370 Taichi - Great hardware, toxic support
    Posted: 12 May 2018 at 4:47am
So guys, I had lived with the ASRock X370 Taichi for a long time now and while it is a great piece of hardware I ask myself what is worth a great board with crap, half working bios that can't save profiles, properly overclock or have timings properly set ? 

Every bios release there is a new bug introduced while they still didn't had the bugs from the previous bios release fixed. There are way too many critical problems that are still in the process of being fixed for more than 7 months.

AMD's fault ? I don't think...

1- AMD is not responsible for your BIOS team not being capable of making a functional "Save settings" that can actually save things.

2- AMD is not responsible for your BIOS team missing values and mistype HEX values in your memory timings section under AMD CBS .

3- AMD is not responsible for you producing a overclocking board that can't overclock without dropping the memory performance down to 18%.

4- AMD is not responsible for this board or the exclusive features that ASRock advertised with it that don't work.

5- AMD is not responsible for the problems described here that are still present after so many bios releases and many for far more than half a year.

The board now is half working and we are here, like peasants, hoping they can fix something that they advertised in the product we have paid for.

We are not looking for workarounds and we don't want excuses and specially, we don't want tips from "people" who are always trying to play the "blame user/amd for ASRock boards faults".

All we want is a functional board with decent bios, not this half finished *** bioses ASRock has been feeding this and pretty much all AM4 boards for so long.  
Let's get real...It's been more than freaking year now, all the other vendors advanced with the functionality of their boards while ASRock is going backwards.

Go to every ASRock review you see and bomb them with the reality about this and other boards, send e-mails to ASRock support on a daily basis, scream on every place they are discussing the Taichi.

Coherent list of stupidity we have to undergo with the Taichi now:

1- OVERCLOCK
You just can't FREAKING OVERCLOCK with an overclocking board that is more than a year old now because if you do you will let go alot of memory performance. Board is more than a year old.
Bios - 4.40 and up 

2-CLOCK GENERATOR
You purchased this ASRock hardware thinking of overclock ? No candy... More than a year later and BCLK overclocking is BROKEN along with any manual overclocking.
Bios 4.40, 4.64, 4.60, 4.70

3-P-STATE Setting/OC ?
You just can't P-state .
Bios 4.40, 4.64, 4.60, 4.70

4-SCALAR ADJUSTMENT
You heard about it on the ASUS thread, wer guys are enjoying everything you miss ??
Yeah, Scalar is a minor thing in the bigger realm of an overclocking board that can't overclock. 
This settings has been removed from any bios that came after 4.40. Scalar is still a working "feature" but is hidden and defaulted to "100", or maximum if you prefer.
Bios 4.64, 4.60, 4.70

5-AMD CBS Memory Timings
Lazy work on the adjustments for "Memory Timings" under "AMD CBS". You have HEX numbers, you have missing values, you have mistyped values and ifyour overclock fails, you will net to re-enter everything again as you will on #6.
Bios - Since forever... We are living with these since the introduction of this section... Board is more than a year old.

6-SAVE PROFILE
You don't have a functional way to "Save Profiles" because ASRock bios team decided everything under "Advanced" is useless and not worth their precious time - Overclocking board that can't save overclocking settings like "Core Performance Boost", "Global C-States" and so on... Oh, all your freaking Memory timings that took you 5 minutes to write down because you typed in HEX numbers ( tx ASRock ) ??? Guess what happens if your memory overclock fails ??? Yes, you will need to type those nice HEX numbers again since you can't save profiles and this board is more than a year old !!

Ryzen Gen2 issues

1- Memory Stability
You just got a brand new 2nd gen ryzen with that improved IMC and is trying to push your memory a little more ??? No candy, actually you may need to push it down. I had 3600 now I do 3466.
Bios 4.40 and up.

Bellow you will see images on wer I tried, with my broken English, to point some of the crucial problems this bios board has.

Edited by vpz - 13 May 2018 at 10:06am
Zendal View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 5:27am
Amen
ALB92 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 7:37am
Hello , first of all thanks for this explanation . I personnaly own a Fatality AB350ITX and there are similar issues on this board with recent BIOS braking things more than bringing improvements,mediocre OC , PStates not working , mediocre ram compatibility/timings etc etc .

This was my first board from Asrock and definitely the last !

Edited by ALB92 - 12 May 2018 at 7:50am
lowdog View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 9:37am
Agree fully, clowns need to learn how to make a decent bios. X399 Fat Pro hasn't had a bios update for 5 months and the current bios can't even clock the ram properly @ XMP with Samsung b-die modules FFS while most other vendors board do it with ease because their bios work!!!

Fat Pro X370 is in the same boat, I won't move up past bios 3.00 and 1800X on that board because of all the nightmares I'm hearing about with updated bios for Ryzen 2000 cpu's and memory compatibility and performance actually going down when it should be going up FFS!!!!!

Good hardware craaaaaaaaap bios and craaaaaap bios support, probably a first time last time case of purchasing an Asrock motherboard for me.....back to Asus next time as at least the good hardware is most often allowed to shine because of constant and decent bios support by the engineers.

OH! and did I say FFS!!! get it together ASRock FFS!!!   

Edited by lowdog - 12 May 2018 at 9:47am
X399 Fat Pro Gaming bios 3.10 - TR4 1900X - 64GB G-SKILL TridentZ F4-3200C14Q-64GTZ @ 3133MHz - Vega 64 AIO with EK block - WC Custom loop - 1500W Silverstone PSU - yay
chainsaw View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 12:43am
overclocking board that can't overclock without dropping the memory performance down
This! Same on X370 Fatality Gaming K4. 
ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 P3.40
AMD RYZEN 7 1700 @ 4Ghz 1.39v
Noctua NH-D15 "blocks top 1x pci-e"
16GB GSkill Ripjaw V F4-3200C16D-16GVRB @ 2933 14-15-15-15 T1 1.365v
GTX 1080 x2 Sli
datonyb View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 1:35am
just to point out

if running first gen ryzen cpu ,installing later 4x bios will not give any benefit stick to the versions 3x
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
Ivan_83 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 8:22am
Well, ASRock REMOVE VRM controls from BIOS settings on all cheap mobos.

I read datasheets for IR35201 and ISL95712.
ISL95712 have setting for CPU and SoC, voltage and offsets, but ASRock give only CPU voltage offset on mobos from midle segment, like: X370 Gaming X and remove from low cost like: AB350M Pro4.

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5700&PN=2&title=x370-gaming-x-fixed-voltage-mode-and-llc
ISL95712 have no LLC, but give me:
- LOCK_SVID
- SET_VID_CORE
- OFFSET_CORE
- SET_VID_NB
- OFFSET_NB
and probably:
- LOADLINE_PWRSTATE_CORE
- LOADLINE_PWRSTATE_NB

for all mobos where ISL95712 used.
I dont want overclock, I want a bit down clock and down thermal radiation and I dont want get top mobos.
freestaler View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 4:15am
Originally posted by datonyb datonyb wrote:

just to point out

if running first gen ryzen cpu ,installing later 4x bios will not give any benefit stick to the versions 3x

Thats just wrong. Spectre V2 Fixes in are incomming with AGESA 1.0.0.2a. So There is a reason to Upgrade aso with Ryzen 1. 

Back2Topic, AsRock do somethings. Otherwise i wont recommend Asrock anymore. Error are not fixed like "saving CBS Settings with Profile", no work to fix MemoryBandwidth loos (Support say it AMD fault, buit why Asus and MSI did found a workaround and asrock not?) lost feature to use Asrock Ram settings with AMD CBS -> Why is that since Version 4.xx not possbile at Asrock? Again other Manfactur can handle. 

I think there is a huge Problem by the Bios AMD programming team. if there not bring in the next 30 days lot of fixes, i will be away. and i wont recommend asrock anymore.
Reinvented View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 6:39am

just to point out

That's just the thing, according to AMD it's supposed to be 1 unified BIOS/AGESA for ALL Pinnacle Ridge, Summit, and Raven Ridge per this:  https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/amd-ama-starts-at-12pm-est-on-wednesday-may-9.2545291/page-5#post-39418777

So, as it stands, ASRock is really dropping the ball on this.  

Erasmus_Tycho View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 10:37am

just to point out

I'd have to disagree.  I had to upgrade from 3.2 to 4.4 to get around the CPU voltage bug that prevented me from doing any type of overclock that involved additional voltage.  At least now on 4.4 I can overclock my 1800x even if it's not properly reporting my frequency to the OS properly.

That said, I used to be able to run 4ghz with ryzen master in bios 3.2 @ 1.35v.  Now I need to push above 1.4v to get 4ghz stable.
ASRock x370 Taichi V4.4| Ryzen 1800x | 16GB x 2 DDR4 3200 (14cas) | GTX 1080 Ti K|NGP|N | WD NVMe Black 512GB | 2 x 500GB Samsung EVO 960 | Corsair HX1000 | EK Custom Loop (360mm rad + 280mm rad)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic