ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

z97 Extreme9 Raid issue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
thymeless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thymeless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 3:10am
From the supplied documentation I'd have never figured that out. Let me play with that and see how it goes.   Thanks.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 11:54pm
There is nothing wrong with your board or the UEFI version you are using. You just need to configure one thing in the UEFI correctly.

I assume you installed Win 8.1 with the SATA mode for the Intel Z97 chipset set to RAID, is that right?

If so, do this: In the UEFI/BIOS, go to the Boot screen. At the bottom of that screen is the CSM option. Click on that, which will bring you to the CSM configuration screen.

You'll see that CSM is set to Enabled, which it is by default. I don't know if your Win 8.1 installation was done in UEFI booting mode, and if your video source supports GOP, so keep CSM Enabled.

Below CSM, find the Launch Storage OpROM Policy which will be set to Legacy Only, the default.

Click on the Launch Storage OpROM Policy option, and select UEFI Only.

You're done at that point, save and exit the UEFI. You can then go directly back into the UEFI and you should see the Intel Rapid Storage Technology option displayed at the bottom of the Advanced screen.

If you did not install Win 8.1 in RAID mode, or this does not work for you, let us know and we'll take it from there.

thymeless View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thymeless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2015 at 10:33pm
I'm dual booting Win 8.1 and Linux Mint 17.1, each off their own ssd.

I want to run a RAID 1 array visible to both OS using two 2.7 TB Western Digital Black drives. According to the RAID guide table for disks of that size and win 8.1 at least, I need to use the UEFI Setup Utility. However, the utility shown in the manual: Intel (R) Rapid Storage Technology is not present in my UEFI on the Advanced Tab or anywhere else.  I've tried setting it up with the Intel utility via CTL I at boot. That doesn't work in Win or Linux. 

Yesterday I flashed the 1.6 Bios hoping for a fix. But that didn't offer any help either. 

Thanks for any help on this.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic