ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Z370 Extreme4 Boot manager doesn't work properly
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z370 Extreme4 Boot manager doesn't work properly

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salomonfr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z370 Extreme4 Boot manager doesn't work properly
    Posted: 07 Jun 2018 at 12:24pm
Hello everyone! 

Motherboard: Z370 Extreme 4;
BIOS: 1.80;

Problem: Can't select any device in boot manager (F11). Only can hit the setup or boot defaults. 

ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2018 at 10:10am

Dear Salomonfr,

Thank you for choosing ASRock.

Regarding your case, we provide some suggestion to try.

1.       Clear CMOS to load BIOS default.

You can follow the user manual page 20 to clear CMOS.

http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Manual/Z370%20Extreme4.pdf

2.       Reflash BIOS by Instant Flash.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z370%20Extreme4/index.asp#BIOS

Thank you!

Yours truly,

ASRock TSD

salomonfr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salomonfr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2018 at 1:50pm
I did clear CMOS and re-flash bios. Still same problem. Anything else should I try before return it back?
badbri View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote badbri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 2:44am
In your picture it looks like you have some video corruption. Are you using on-board video ? If so try using the DVI port if not already. If using an Add-on PCIe video try pulling it out and reseating it or try the on-board video. If none of the above helps then you most likely need to rma/replace the board.
https://www.passmark.com/baselines/V9/display.php?id=99573335296
salomonfr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salomonfr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2018 at 12:44pm
Tried everything you suggest, nothing helped. I detached all my ssd's and something still appears in boot manager. Actually when I install motherboard was totally fine, maybe it appears after flashing new bios. 

ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 2:08pm

Dear Salomonfr,

Thank you for your information.

We have released a special BIOS P1.80B.

Please update this BIOS by Instant flash to check.

Download link:

https://mega.nz/#!w4xx2TgS!vfjcK_yxNcqOqTwdxxoODNmTTxy2819mhBO41hRuB8E

Thank you!

Yours truly,

ASRock TSD

salomonfr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salomonfr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2018 at 5:45pm
I tried re-flash with that BIOS, it didn't help Cry Partition with hieroglyphs still exists. Interesting thing: if you select this partition and hit enter, then boot manager works fine, you can highlight the partition you want and select it. 
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2018 at 3:02pm
Dear Salomonfr,

Thank you for your reply.

We have released another special BIOS P1.80C for you to try.
Please update this BIOS by Instant flash.
Download link:

Thank you!
Yours truly,
ASRock TSD

Edited by ASRock_TSD - 14 Jun 2018 at 3:03pm
salomonfr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salomonfr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2018 at 11:02am
Thanks a lot! Now everything works perfect. What was the issue? Will this fix be applied to the following BIOS updates? 
St8kout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote St8kout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 8:30am
Hmm, I just updated to 1.6 to get the Microcode CPU protection. Guess I should stay put with this as I don't need 'memory compatibility.'

I was going to suggest you try downgrading to 1.6 as there doesn't seem to be any issues so far. But it looks like they fixed it with the 'c' version.

I've learned to keep all BIOS updates on the same USB drive in case I need to go back a version. They all show up when you go to the Flash Update section of BIOS, so you just pick the one you want to install.

Edited by St8kout - 17 Jun 2018 at 8:34am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic