ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Strange Boot Menu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurumvorax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 4:14am

Okay, did remove those drives now, one after another.

After removing the older NVME-SSD:

Then going for the mere two weeks old SATA-SSD:

After that I even unplugged the USB drive:

It's not the drives apparently. :-D
chainsaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chainsaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 4:30am
strange, even the Dos Flash did not do the trick. it been said to truly whip-out and write the bios, at least it seemed to do the trick for many different issues introduced by a update. 

one of the pro's should see this and get some ideas 
ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 P3.40
AMD RYZEN 7 1700 @ 4Ghz 1.39v
Noctua NH-D15 "blocks top 1x pci-e"
16GB GSkill Ripjaw V F4-3200C16D-16GVRB @ 2933 14-15-15-15 T1 1.365v
GTX 1080 x2 Sli
Aurumvorax View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurumvorax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 4:35am
Originally posted by chainsaw chainsaw wrote:

strange, even the Dos Flash did not do the trick. it been said to truly whip-out and write the bios, at least it seemed to do the trick for many different issues introduced by a update. 

one of the pro's should see this and get some ideas 

Well I just joined this forum yesterday, how can I get some Pros to look into this?
chainsaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chainsaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 4:45am
they will see it, its the weekend and they are not paid. the mods are knowledgeable and use the products so they have experience with some of the quirks. 

very rare to get a official response on the forum you will need to do a support ticket for that.  
ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 P3.40
AMD RYZEN 7 1700 @ 4Ghz 1.39v
Noctua NH-D15 "blocks top 1x pci-e"
16GB GSkill Ripjaw V F4-3200C16D-16GVRB @ 2933 14-15-15-15 T1 1.365v
GTX 1080 x2 Sli

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurumvorax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 4:52am
Originally posted by chainsaw chainsaw wrote:

they will see it, its the weekend and they are not paid. the mods are knowledgeable and use the products so they have experience with some of the quirks. 

very rare to get a official response on the forum you will need to do a support ticket for that.  

Allright then, will do a ticket then. Meanwhile I'll wait for another suggestion in this thread. Hopefully there will be a way to fix this issue. Thanks for you help!
TooQik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooQik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 5:18pm
I don't own the same motherboard as you, I have the X370 Taichi, so I might not have the exact same menu options but take a look and maybe try this to see if it resolves the issue:

In your Boot menu configure the following:

CSM - Enabled
Launch PXE OpROM Policy - Do Not Launch
Launch Storage OpROM Policy - Do Not Launch
Launch Video OpROM Policy - Legacy Only

If that works, great. If it doesn't  try a different value for PXE and Storage but leave Video as Legacy Only.

Edited by TooQik - 17 Jun 2018 at 5:18pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurumvorax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by TooQik TooQik wrote:

I don't own the same motherboard as you, I have the X370 Taichi, so I might not have the exact same menu options but take a look and maybe try this to see if it resolves the issue:

In your Boot menu configure the following:

CSM - Enabled
Launch PXE OpROM Policy - Do Not Launch
Launch Storage OpROM Policy - Do Not Launch
Launch Video OpROM Policy - Legacy Only

If that works, great. If it doesn't  try a different value for PXE and Storage but leave Video as Legacy Only.

Thanks for the hint, gave it a try. Sadly the problem still persists :-(
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 8:28pm

the older  tri x has a bios switch Smile

one way is legacy the other way is uefi

so to disable csm you will need to flick the switch but that is provided the fury actually has one ?
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurumvorax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by datonyb datonyb wrote:

so to disable csm you will need to flick the switch but that is provided the fury actually has one ?

According to the reviews it has one. Never used that, however. But as far as I know the difference in BIOS's is only the maximum power consumption of the card?
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2018 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by Aurumvorax Aurumvorax wrote:

Originally posted by datonyb datonyb wrote:

According to the reviews it has one. Never used that, however. But as far as I know the difference in BIOS's is only the maximum power consumption of the card?

yeah its a bit unclear with the fury

the older sapphire tri x cards had a switch but that changed bios between legacy and uefi

i know what your saying as well as the new vega has a 3 way bios switch for overclocking the card

i am not sure which switch you may have
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic