ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350 Pro4 with 2400g wont boot after OC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB350 Pro4 with 2400g wont boot after OC
    Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 4:06am
Specs: 

Ryzen 5 2400g (Latest drivers)
AB350 Pro4 BIOS 4.70
1x 8GB corsair vengeance lpx 2400
Asus STRIX RX570 (tried with and without)
Corsair 550W PSU

The problem is that I can't apply an overclock to the chip without crashing the system. Everything is completely stable without OC. In BIOS when I apply even a modest OC (50MHz) the system restarts and I get a black screen. Fans power on but that's it. I tried both video outputs and even removed my RX 570 to no avail. Same issue is present in Ryzen Master, PC restarts then black screen. The only way to get the PC to boot after this is to reset CMOS with the jumper. 

Never had this problem with my 1300x even when messing with some higher overclocks.

Any solution to this would be much appreciated. There dosen't seem to be much information on the 2400g anywhere.
Cubito View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cubito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 4:36am
Originally posted by MarkR MarkR wrote:

Specs:?

Ryzen 5 2400g (Latest drivers)
AB350 Pro4 BIOS 4.70
1x 8GB?corsair vengeance lpx 2400
Asus STRIX RX570 (tried with and without)
Corsair 550W PSU

The problem is that I can't apply an overclock to the chip without crashing the system. Everything is completely stable without OC. In BIOS when I apply even a modest OC (50MHz) the system restarts and I get a black screen. Fans power on but that's it. I tried both video outputs and even removed my RX 570 to no avail. Same issue is present in Ryzen Master, PC restarts then black screen. The only way to get the PC to boot after this is to reset CMOS with the jumper.?

Never had this problem with my 1300x even when messing with some higher overclocks.

Any solution to this would be much appreciated. There dosen't seem to be much information on the 2400g anywhere.

Hi guys,

Exactly the same for me here with 2400g and Asrock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac, It´s been 3 weeks testing all kind of voltages and clocks and everything is unstable, there are only to setups not crushing: every stock or manually establishing 3600 MHz with 1.25V at the Vcore, everything above that crushs, sometimes i can run atest during 20 min, run CB15, etc... but at the end always crush as you mentioned.

I am kind of desperate, i read people overcloacking the same CPU up 3.9-4.0 Is there something we are missing with this APU?, Any help will be apreciated...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic