ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 Taichi PCIe Wifi Card Issue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reinvented Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2018 at 11:55am
Originally posted by clintyip clintyip wrote:

Originally posted by Reinvented Reinvented wrote:

I replaced mine with an 8265 earlier, and now I've upgraded it to a 9560.  This is pretty cheap too.  ~30 bucks off of eBay.  

Interesting! The ones I can see on ebay only has the PCB and doesn't have the antenna ports - is it removable from my current one easily and attaching it to the new wifi card (looking at the 9560)

Is it the same as this one?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1730Mbps-Intel-9560NGW-NGFF-Wireless-AC-Dual-Band-BT-5-0-WiFi-Card-FRU-01AX768/183187787599?hash=item2aa6d7cf4f%3Ag%3AP~kAAOSwC4Va2bW2&_sacat=0&_nkw=Intel+9560&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313

Yes, that one should work just fine.  
nanohead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nanohead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2018 at 11:48pm
Did you disable the Intel wifi adapter that is onboard the MB?  In BIOS, you need to disable the radio, then in Windows device manager, you need to disable the AC3168.

I have one of those Asus adapters, and its always been wonky.  I stopped using it, as I could never get it to be consistent.   But either way, windows likely can't handle two competing network devices trying to do the same thing using different driver sets and chips.   Windows can't know which one to prioritize.

It probably zero to do with what slot you put it in, but I could be wrong.  
clintyip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clintyip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2018 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by nanohead nanohead wrote:

Did you disable the Intel wifi adapter that is onboard the MB?  In BIOS, you need to disable the radio, then in Windows device manager, you need to disable the AC3168.

I have one of those Asus adapters, and its always been wonky.  I stopped using it, as I could never get it to be consistent.   But either way, windows likely can't handle two competing network devices trying to do the same thing using different driver sets and chips.   Windows can't know which one to prioritize.

It probably zero to do with what slot you put it in, but I could be wrong.  

Yep, tried that too. Same issue.
Clever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 5:02pm
I have x470 master SLI/ac...fought the 3168 for 4 days. DPC WATCHDOG BSOD, constant freeze ups. Pulled the 8260 out of my Kali build and haven't had any issues....Zero. The 3168 just doesn't work in the environment. Ryzen3 2200g, 16g Vulcan 2400,Drevo X1 Pro ssd.
Nokidon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nokidon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2018 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by clintyip clintyip wrote:

Update - it works if I plug it into an x16 slot, but will not start (error code 10 or windows freeze on start up) if plugged into the x1 slots

Your post saved my days, I have the exactly issue like yours, when I change the Asus card slot to the x16 slot, works perfectly just like you said. I have to register post so if someone else have the issue like this can try this solution. I have been stuck with this issue for a few months now.

I think this is the the compatibility issue between MS, Asrock and Asus. I don't who is the main cause.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic