ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Win 10 Install x399 Raid Problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbmerrill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Win 10 Install x399 Raid Problem
    Posted: 02 Aug 2018 at 12:59am
Hi,

I have two raid arrays (1 is the Asrock Ultra Quad m.2 adapter) that I would like to do a clean install of windows 10 on, but cannot because when I select a partition (or even an entire drive), I get errors and the install fails. The farthest I have gotten is after selecting a partition, I get the 'copying files' screen, and after a while, the error:

Windows has detected that the EFI system partition is formatted as NTFS. Format it as Fat32 and restart the installation.   This is bogus because I have verified and explicitly formatted it as Fat32.

There are other errors such as cannot be installed, check your media. Also, cannot create or locate a partition, and perhaps another that I don't remember. The check your media had a specific error code, but I don't know that code at the time of writing this post.

I have tried loading both the sata_raid, and nvme_raid drivers, and they show disks and partitions available in the Windows installer.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

B.
X399 Pro Gaming, 2990wx Threadripper,128GB G.Skill RGB 3200,EVGA 1200 P2,EVGA GTX 1080 Ti x 2 SLI, Enermax Liqtech 360mm,Samsung 970 EVO/960 Pro/850 EVOs, Toshiba x300 HDDs, Thermaltake Chaser MK-1
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic