FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

PSA: Stay away from 4.80 BIOS X370 Taichi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
shmerl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shmerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by bigboss bigboss wrote:

next bios in 4 months

You are just guessing or you have some source?
bigboss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigboss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 1:41am
next bios in 4 months
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 2:38am
Originally posted by shmerl shmerl wrote:

No response from Asrock to my e-mail yet. But I suppose it's a long weekend now. Let's see if they'll answer next week.

Yeah, right. LOL Like they ever replied to my requests or bug reports...
shmerl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shmerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 9:39am
No response from Asrock to my e-mail yet. But I suppose it's a long weekend now. Let's see if they'll answer next week.

Edited by shmerl - 03 Sep 2018 at 9:40am
Haris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 6:40pm
Even though they produce good products, they have poor software support.
This not only relies on bios releases (after four months, while other vendors release immediately bioses), but also to driver support.
Look at all these outdated drivers.

bigboss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigboss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 4:40pm
I guess that's the problem of cheap labor, incapable programmers for the bioses. It can't be explained other way. They can't sh*t so much the bioses. The 4.80 I tested it myself, and it's a sick mess. Just enable PBO guys and your PC becomes unbootable with error 00. Memory support becomes sh*t. 4.81 has been the best so far. Wonder why they released 4.80 lmao.
Reinvented View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reinvented Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 12:38pm
When I first brought attention to this on reddit, everyone called me stupid saying that it's just a "Beta bios".  I knew it was tagged as a production bios and in the pipeline and soon to come to main sites everywhere.  Same old stuff not getting fixed as usual. 
virpz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virpz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 9:05am
Originally posted by xhue xhue wrote:

F***ing joke! Don't let me start on the Sapphire Boost, let alone the other stuff...

Someone please ping JZ for some info, and make a petition! I'm sick of this BS. ALL other vendors, and I mean ALL, ranging from ASUS to Biostar have tons of BIOS releases. We're stuck in betas for 2 years.
Pretty sure JZ is following this thread ( like 6 hours ago ), also pretty sure he is as amazed as we are that AsRock has decided to release this piece of junk.

If anything good can come out of this is that AsRock is going to have alot more complaints about the X370 Taichi/Pro Gaming now.
shmerl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shmerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 5:44am
Sent an e-mail to Asrock support about broken SVM setting. Let's see if they'll answer.

Edited by shmerl - 31 Aug 2018 at 5:44am
shmerl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shmerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 5:16am
4.80 also has broken virtualization support, same as 4.81. Really annoying. Qemu/KVM complains and fails to detect virtualization even when SVM is enabled. With 4.64 all is working fine. I'm reverting back to it.

Edited by shmerl - 31 Aug 2018 at 5:38am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>
  Share Topic