FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

PSA: Stay away from 4.80 BIOS X370 Taichi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 1:48am
F***ing joke! Don't let me start on the Sapphire Boost, let alone the other stuff...

Someone please ping JZ for some info, and make a petition! I'm sick of this BS. ALL other vendors, and I mean ALL, ranging from ASUS to Biostar have tons of BIOS releases. We're stuck in betas for 2 years.
bigboss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bigboss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by virpz virpz wrote:

Originally posted by bigboss bigboss wrote:

4.80 on their site today. Non beta. 

Don't even bother trying it, it is EXACTLY the same as their previous bios 4.80 ( same bios tag, major/minor version, crc, etc ) so the list of bugs above still applies and that means this bios is the real deal when it comes to being useless.  They decided to go ahead and release the bios that culminated into the very creation of this thread... since they have received plenty of bad reports from us and I guess from JZ himself I must assume they are a VERY disorganized company in regards to their bios, it's bugs and PR. 
They should create a seminar on "How to get ur consumers pissed and your company support to look REALLY bad".

Tried it and it works worse than beta 4.81 which was released earlier. Are they idiots? Is the beta supposed to be a newer version than this crap and it was released earlier? What a numbering scheme is this. Read my comment above, 4.80 is indeed sh*t.
virpz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virpz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 6:29pm

Don't even bother trying it, it is EXACTLY the same as their previous bios 4.80 ( same bios tag, major/minor version, crc, etc ) so the list of bugs above still applies and that means this bios is the real deal when it comes to being useless.  They decided to go ahead and release the bios that culminated into the very creation of this thread... since they have received plenty of bad reports from us and I guess from JZ himself I must assume they are a VERY disorganized company in regards to their bios, it's bugs and PR. 
They should create a seminar on "How to get ur consumers pissed and your company support to look REALLY bad".

Edited by virpz - 30 Aug 2018 at 6:31pm
bigboss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bigboss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 5:47pm

And it is sh*t. Asrock really sucks at motherboards. Nice components but bioses bad as in am4. Previously in beta 4.81 I could hit 16-18-18-56 1.38V completely stable with m-die. Now it just shuts down. Also go to NBIO and enable from XFR the PBO (it can be enabled/auto/disabled) and computer doesn't boot just hanging with error code 00. I will sell it. Enough.

Edited by bigboss - 30 Aug 2018 at 6:29pm
virpz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virpz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 2:54am
So, the updated list for their latest official non beta bios release.

The list of performance issues for the Taichi/Pro Gaming bios 4.80 is as bellow:

1. Overclocking resulting in huge Cache/memory bandwidth loss. Active on every official bios since the introdfuction of 12 nm CPUs. Seem fixed on their lastest BETA

2. Clock generator/bclk not properly working. Confirmed by several OCN members that it is broken for 12 nm CPUs on every bios, including L4.81. LZ also confirmed it is broken since he is ignoring it.

3. Bring PBO settings back to the bios ( PPT, EDC, PTC, scalar ).  Missing options from 4.60 and up, said AMD has removed these settings for agesa 1.0.0.4. Pending confirmation.

4. Memory "powerloss" ?/Not clocking timing decently at all.  Active since the introduction of P4.81.

Other issues:

xhue
  1. IOMMU groupings - those are terribly broken and renders this otherwise excellent VM platform barely usable

2. Kernel DMA protection in Win 10 cannot be enabled, un-allowed DMA-capable bus detected - can something be done here?

3. - Spectre patches? Hello?

4. SAVE PROFILE
    You don't have a functional way to "Save Profiles" because ASRock bios team decided everything under "Advanced" is useless and not worth their precious time - Overclocking board that can't save overclocking settings like "Core Performance Boost", "Global C-States", all you memory timings/configs and so on... Oh, all your freaking Memory timings that took you 5 minutes to write down because you typed in HEX numbers  guess what happens if your memory overclock fails ??? Yes, you will need to type those nice HEX numbers again since you can't save profiles and this board is more than a year old !! Hurts 1st and 2nd gen CPU's

5. 1-AMD CBS Memory Timings
    Here you have the most lazy work on the adjustments for "Memory Timings" under "AMD CBS". You can't enter values and so you select from a drop-down list...There you have HEX numbers and If your overclock fails, you will net to re-enter everything again as you can't save these settings.
    Bios - Since forever... We are living with these since the introduction of this section... Board is more than a year old. Hurts 1st and 2nd gen CPU's.

It is pretty much september already and we are still on 4.70 with it's handful bugs and problems.

Edited by virpz - 30 Aug 2018 at 6:36pm
Spectre73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spectre73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2018 at 11:42pm

Originally posted by J Z J Z wrote:

I'm sorry, just wanted to help.

is not my job here and now some are mad at me because i also have a lot of other things to do and can not always respond to every post immediately. Cry

I know from the BIOS team that is still much in the pipeline. Smile

Can you tell us some of the things included in the pipeline Embarrassed?

That would be awesome
ASRock x370 Taichi (L4.72), R5 1600x, 32 GB G.Skill F4-3200C14-16GTZSW, RX Vega 64
bigboss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigboss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2018 at 8:12pm

is not my job here and now some are mad at me because i also have a lot of other things to do and can not always respond to every post immediately. Cry

Can you tell us some of the things included in the pipeline Embarrassed?
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2018 at 1:56am
Originally posted by datonyb datonyb wrote:

jz is exactly the same as you guys
HE IS A USER OF THIS FORUM

Close, but not quite. JZ clearly shares our passion in high-tech gadgets, no doubt in that. His forum title however says "ASRock Partner" - coincidence?

he works for himself ,his time is his business, eg to pay his bills he needs to work elsewhere

Well, how do you think I get my board? Found it in a fortune cookie? I too had to work hard, so I can pay my bills and afford to buy my stuff from guys like JZ.

if JZ talks to anyone in asrock then you should look at it as jz is asking a friend a favour..........

JZ's work here is highly appreciated, even by me! At the end I'm goal-oriented, I don't care how the issues are fixed as long as they are fixed. So, bashing JZ is shutting a huge door for all of us.

That is highly appreciated!

I personally got mad at you because you suggested buying a new mobo because the old one was neglected by manufacturer. Imagine if your Benz sometimes refuse to steer, and MB just tell you to buy the newer model because it MAY not have this problem.

Best news for a long time. Life is not for waiting on better BIOS releases.

P.S. I'm NOT hating on anyone here, except for ASRock. Big smile Sorry if it didn't sound like that.
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2018 at 12:14am
guys can i just say

jz is exactly the same as you guys
HE IS A USER OF THIS FORUM
he works for himself ,his time is his business, eg to pay his bills he needs to work elsewhere

if and when he has time to help out other users, then we welcome the input, if hes too busy doing something else to pay his bills then thats also fine

if JZ talks to anyone in asrock then you should look at it as jz is asking a friend a favour..........

JZ , im sorry if you felt under pressure
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
J Z View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote J Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2018 at 10:50pm

Kind Regards,
JZ

https://shop.JZelectronic.de - Der Shop mit ausgesuchter ASRock Profi Hardware

https://www.facebook.com/asrock.de
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>
  Share Topic