ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

PSA: Stay away from 4.80 BIOS X370 Taichi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reinvented Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 12:38pm
When I first brought attention to this on reddit, everyone called me stupid saying that it's just a "Beta bios".  I knew it was tagged as a production bios and in the pipeline and soon to come to main sites everywhere.  Same old stuff not getting fixed as usual. 
bigboss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigboss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 4:40pm
I guess that's the problem of cheap labor, incapable programmers for the bioses. It can't be explained other way. They can't sh*t so much the bioses. The 4.80 I tested it myself, and it's a sick mess. Just enable PBO guys and your PC becomes unbootable with error 00. Memory support becomes sh*t. 4.81 has been the best so far. Wonder why they released 4.80 lmao.
Haris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 6:40pm
Even though they produce good products, they have poor software support.
This not only relies on bios releases (after four months, while other vendors release immediately bioses), but also to driver support.
Look at all these outdated drivers.

shmerl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shmerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2018 at 9:39am
No response from Asrock to my e-mail yet. But I suppose it's a long weekend now. Let's see if they'll answer next week.

Edited by shmerl - 03 Sep 2018 at 9:40am
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 2:38am
Originally posted by shmerl shmerl wrote:

No response from Asrock to my e-mail yet. But I suppose it's a long weekend now. Let's see if they'll answer next week.

Yeah, right. LOL Like they ever replied to my requests or bug reports...
bigboss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigboss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 1:41am
next bios in 4 months
shmerl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shmerl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2018 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by bigboss bigboss wrote:

next bios in 4 months

You are just guessing or you have some source?
xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 1:55am
Originally posted by shmerl shmerl wrote:

Originally posted by bigboss bigboss wrote:

next bios in 4 months

You are just guessing or you have some source?

When was it ever different?

xhue View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xhue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 2:11am
4.80 is a huge PoS. All other BIOS versions could run RAM at XMP but not 4.80. With it every second reboot was resetting my RAM to JEDEC default of 2400MT. I didn't even bother testing further.

Also, jumping BIOS versions back and forth I found out that old versions ARE IN FACT still leaving traces behind! And that is even with 'clear CMOS -> reboot -> flash -> reboot -> clear CMOS'.

I'm selling this PoS and finally getting the decent board I deserve for my money. With my good cooling a PBO-capable Ryzen will come in handy.
bigboss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigboss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2018 at 4:07pm
Zzzz Still no new bios and stuck only with beta 4.81 which is decent. My cpu can't xfr more than 3974 all core 2700X, with decent cooling. It locks at 3974MHz at 59C TCTL or 49 Tdie.... So conservative and I guess it's a board bios problem. The temperatures are low. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>
  Share Topic