ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

PSA: Stay away from 4.80 BIOS X370 Taichi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reinvented Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by J Z J Z wrote:

OK,

still, not everyone has noticed that everything is related to the AMD AGESA code. Those who previously had higher memory clock frequencies with old AGESA, but was not as performant as with the AGESA 1004 with less clock frequency. If you need more, you should get a X470 with ner 2000series CPU.

Certain memory types might have to be patched in the AGESA 1004 code !!!

If AMD has removed some non-functional or problematic features in the AGESA 1004, it is not ASRock's fault !!!

Can't set ANY XMP in 4.80.  Can't bother buying an X470 from ASRock when X370 still supported, unless that's their way of doing a quick cash grab from consumers.  That's a huge problem.  Pretty sure it IS ASRock's fault. 
J Z View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote J Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2018 at 11:30pm
Hi guys,
come down again. That with the X470 and 2000series was meant differently.
Have multiple daily eMail traffic and we are working on it. Am on many forums on the road and always have an ear for the problems. But I do not have to be insulted.
I do not have to put BIOSes or BetaBIOSe online !!! Was just friendly of me !!!

Please fill in the form as follows ...
http://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp
Kind Regards,
JZ

https://shop.JZelectronic.de - Der Shop mit ausgesuchter ASRock Profi Hardware

https://www.facebook.com/asrock.de
virpz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virpz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 12:04am

Hi guys,
Have multiple daily eMail traffic and we are working on it. Am on many forums on the road and always have an ear for the problems. But I do not have to be insulted.

Are you the person who is doing their bios validation before release ?
Reinvented View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reinvented Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 4:35am

Hi guys,

ASRock TSD has been pretty dismissive for our claims and stuff that is wrong with the BIOS.  I already emailed them about the problems with the BIOS in regards to 1st gen and 2nd gen Ryzen and missing AM4 Memory Training.  Memory overclock fails when setting XMP, and does not stick at all.  Will try to boot 3 times and then go back to stock immediately.  They didn't want to listen at all.  It was some tard named Pablo Medina or something.  This is such a HUGE problem for those who want to overclock or use higher frequency memory. 
J Z View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 2:37pm
OK,

but not all memory types are affected !!!

It is being worked on.
Kind Regards,
JZ

https://shop.JZelectronic.de - Der Shop mit ausgesuchter ASRock Profi Hardware

https://www.facebook.com/asrock.de
bigboss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigboss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 5:51pm
Can you explain us why 4 months there's not a single bios update for this motherboard pushed on the Asrock site? This is a flagsh*t product along with the fatality and we are treated like some entry b350 motherboard customers.
virpz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virpz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2018 at 8:46pm

I have AGAIN submitted to AsRock a list of issues they need to fix (you can do it here http://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp ) and I really hope that they can FINALLY fix things in a really short now as I am pretty sure we ( customers ) are way past the "not happy camper" status by now.

Coherent list of stupidity we have to undergo with the ASRock X370 Taichi and X370 Professional Gaming:

Bios P4.40 or higher is mandatory for 12 nm Ryzen.

Really big issues in 
RED, not so important in BLUE

1- OVERCLOCK
If you want manual overclocking then you need "ASRock setting" and by that you will lose up to 18% mem bandwidth. You can't really OVERCLOCK with a flagship overclocking board that is more than a year old now. 
Bios - From 4.40 and up there is no workaround, so no overclocking.

2-CLOCK GENERATOR/BCLK
You purchased this ASRock hardware thinking of overclock ? No candy... More than a year later and now BCLK overclocking is BROKEN again along with any manual overclocking. BCLK to 103MHz ? Every board can do that without a the need of a clockgen.

Bios 4.40, 4.60, 4.70. Hurts 1st and 2nd gen CPU's

3-
P-STATE Setting/OC ?

You just can't P-state, it won't work .
Bios 4.40, 4.60, 4.70. Hurts 1st and 2nd gen CPU's

4-
PBO/SCALAR ADJUSTMENT
You heard about it on the ASUS thread, wer their guys are enjoying everything you miss ?? For PBO they have been slowly capping it and on their lastest bios and now you don't have adjustments, there is only "enable" or "disable". Scalar has been removed from any bios after 4.40.
Bios 4.60, 4.70. Hurts 1st and 2nd gen CPU's

5-
AMD CBS Memory Timings

You can't overclock with this board so you need to rely on AMD CBS. Here you have the most lazy work for "Memory Timings" under "AMD CBS". It is a drop down list for most of the values which you select from their pre-defined and limited list of values...There you have HEX numbers and be amazed, If your overclock fails, you will net to re-enter everything as you will see right bellow on #6.

Bios - Every bios, since forever... 

Edit: Now they have capped the post length 

Edited by virpz - 11 Aug 2018 at 9:13pm
matthewls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matthewls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 2:00am
Thanks for keeping those beta bios files available! 4.80 is the first bios since 4.4 that lets me overclock the cpu, keep memory at 3200, and run virtual machine audio normally. Great work, I'm sure the bugs other folks find will be worked out soon enough.
x370 taichi, 1800x OC 3900 , gskill 3200, 32GB RAM
mls
bigboss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigboss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 2:06am
Why 4.80 not in Asrock site and only in JZ?
cx5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cx5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 11:38am

Hello,

is that the same with BetaBIOS 4.72?

What memory is it, Hynix or Samsung?

Has the AGESA 1004 Code been tried before?

Hello JZ, nice of you to drop by here, quick report to you, I'm on your 4.72 and is very good for my case, see my signature for hardware list. Still have ram training etc, nothing missing. 

am on 1usmus spreadsheet to review my detailed ram timings of 2999mhz, 3066mhz, 3200mhz row no. 126, 127, 128 respectively. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ubpbdMcdiS37g_dReCX-49Auk-aRAcTs-8cVNL1caHo/edit#gid=725475388

row no. 132 is your bios 4.72 has the tightest lowest timing and stable gaming all day many days hot summer in Hong Kong without air-conditioning.
x370taichi@3.50gen4
AX750 Optane900P SN770
3800x PosdonZro4 BarrowPWM-17w>420x140x28
XFX SWFT319 6900XT
MSI RX560 LP to get Fluid Motion BlueskyFRC 75hz
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>
  Share Topic