ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

PSA: Stay away from 4.80 BIOS X370 Taichi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 15>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reinvented Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by J Z J Z wrote:

Hi guys,

The last couple of days had TW eMail contact in the right place and we now have the solution for the XMP Powerloss problems.

I have some BIOSes here and little by little all are fixed.

Please be patient for a while.

Hi JZ,

That sounds like good news that they are willing to listen now.  What is XMP power loss problem?  Is this in regards to AM4 Memory Training being removed and loss of stability?
DemonAk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DemonAk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 11:37pm

Hi guys,

The last couple of days had TW eMail contact in the right place and we now have the solution for the XMP Powerloss problems.

I have some BIOSes here and little by little all are fixed.

Please be patient for a while.
And add please for select DRAM FREQUENCY 3400 Mhz and 3533 Mhz
bigboss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigboss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 2:35am
I can't get why such an awesome motherboard component wise can't have a good bios. Asrock can overtake easily asus if they release decent bioses...
Erasmus_Tycho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erasmus_Tycho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 11:07am
Looks like I'll  be sticking with bios 4.4 for the time being.... Though I wonder why some are saying they can't OC with P-state on 4.4+ bios versions as I'm running a P-state OC on my system with bios 4.4.
ASRock x370 Taichi V4.4| Ryzen 1800x | 16GB x 2 DDR4 3200 (14cas) | GTX 1080 Ti K|NGP|N | WD NVMe Black 512GB | 2 x 500GB Samsung EVO 960 | Corsair HX1000 | EK Custom Loop (360mm rad + 280mm rad)
virpz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virpz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2018 at 11:23am
Originally posted by Erasmus_Tycho Erasmus_Tycho wrote:

Looks like I'll  be sticking with bios 4.4 for the time being.... Though I wonder why some are saying they can't OC with P-state on 4.4+ bios versions as I'm running a P-state OC on my system with bios 4.4.

For P4.40 and 12 nm Ryzen P-state won't work plus manual OC will gift you with 20% bandwidth loss.

Edited by virpz - 15 Aug 2018 at 11:26am
cristy6100 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cristy6100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 5:22am
I can add to the list of problems on the latest 1.0.0.4 UEFI's for the Fatality X370 ITX, after almost 9 months since I got this board they did not fix the very basic problems... I reported them at least 4 times, but here they are again:

This is with a 2400G and Corsair LPX 2x8GB 3200MHz

Not fixed:

Chassis Fan 1/W_PUMP RPM drops between 700-1000 RPM when setting control mode to "DC Mode" from "PWM Mode"

M.2 PCIe drives appear as removable drives in Windows (safe remove icon) (this does not affect Samsung drives, and the problem apears since UEFI 4.40 when they fixed the Samsung drives detection problem...

Setting the SATA controller to disabled will not actually disable the SATA controller, HDD will still be detected in Windows

Possible bugs that have not been fixed:

SATA ports have priority over M.2 slot (try to install Windows 10 when you have a PCIe M.2 drive and SATA drives also, and your M.2 drive will be listed last when selecting the Disk on which to install Windows), it will also be listed last in all utilities that use the numbering the UEFI assigns to disks.
M.2 should always be treated by the UEFI to be Drive 0 (when only one M.2 slot, if two slots then Drive 0 and 1 and so on for how many M.2 slots are present)

But how can you fix these when you cant even fix the damn M.2 drives to not appear as removable drives within Windows and having a dammed safe remove icon for it, that ironically tells my It cant eject the drive.

10 out of 10 for ASRock for managing the impossible 

More to come

Cheers
Main Rig: AMD Ryzen 2400G | ASRock Fatality X370 ITX/ac UEFI 4.90 | Corsair LPX DDR4 2400@3200 1.35V | Corsair RM650i PSU | CM ML120L AiO Cooler
J Z View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by virpz virpz wrote:

Bring PBO settings back to the bios ( PPT, EDC, PTC, scalar ).

Because AMD has removed these parameters from AGESA Code 1.0.0.4.
Users don't worry about these options impacted the performance of the PBO due to BIOS default is  the maximum value.(PPT,EDC,TDC)
Kind Regards,
JZ

https://shop.JZelectronic.de - Der Shop mit ausgesuchter ASRock Profi Hardware

https://www.facebook.com/asrock.de
virpz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virpz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 7:15pm

Originally posted by virpz virpz wrote:

Bring PBO settings back to the bios ( PPT, EDC, PTC, scalar ).

Because AMD has removed these parameters from AGESA Code 1.0.0.4.
Users don't worry about these options impacted the performance of the PBO due to BIOS default is  the maximum value.(PPT,EDC,TDC)

Thank you !!!

Can you talk them to fix CLOCKGEN/BCLCK ?? It's been broken for so long that I don't even remember the last time I could get to anything higher than 108MHz.

Now, I tested the latest beta ( 4.81 ) and it seems that memory bandwidth and compatibility are fixed now as I can clock my memory again.

So, the list of performance issues follows as bellow:

1. Overclocking resulting in huge Cache/memory bandwidth loss. Seems fixed on Beta 4.81. 

2. Clock generator/bclk not properly working. Still broken

3. Bring PBO settings back to the bios ( PPT, EDC, PTC, scalar ). They said AMD has removed those settings for agesa 1.0.0.4.

4. Memory "powerloss" ?/Not clocking timing decently at all. Seems fixed on Beta 4.81

Not so urgent/Minor issues, not performance related :

1-SAVE PROFILE
You don't have a functional way to "Save Profiles" because ASRock bios team decided everything under "Advanced" is useless and not worth their precious time - Overclocking board that can't save overclocking settings like "Core Performance Boost", "Global C-States", all you memory timings/configs and so on... Oh, all your freaking Memory timings that took you 5 minutes to write down because you typed in HEX numbers  guess what happens if your memory overclock fails ??? Yes, you will need to type those nice HEX numbers again since you can't save profiles and this board is more than a year old !! Hurts 1st and 2nd gen CPU's

1-AMD CBS Memory Timings
Here you have the most lazy work on the adjustments for "Memory Timings" under "AMD CBS". You can't enter values and so you select from a drop-down list...There you have HEX numbers and If your overclock fails, you will net to re-enter everything again as you can't save these settings.
Bios - Since forever... We are living with these since the introduction of this section... Board is more than a year old. Hurts 1st and 2nd gen CPU's
Spoiler

Funny how things get worked faster once we unite and make some noise.Clap

Edited by virpz - 17 Aug 2018 at 8:20am
J Z View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2018 at 10:00pm
We will check the BCLK 136Mhz problem.
If any update, we will inform you.
Kind Regards,
JZ

https://shop.JZelectronic.de - Der Shop mit ausgesuchter ASRock Profi Hardware

https://www.facebook.com/asrock.de
howardstern View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote howardstern Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2018 at 12:30am
Is the beta 4.81 beta bios safe to use with Gskill pc 3200 flare x memory? There was a post on the first page that stated there was an issue which surprised me because its on the QVL and designed to work with Ryzen. 

I am unable to go past bios 4.40 because of the sound issues when playing games that use the Frostbyte engine. Does anyone know if that is resolved in the 4.81 beta bios? 

Edited by howardstern - 17 Aug 2018 at 12:36am
Taichi
Ryzen 1800X @ 4G
EVGA GTX 1080
Corsair H100i AIO and full tower 780T
GSkill FlareX 3200
SB ZX
Windows 10
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 15>
  Share Topic