ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - B450 Gaming ITX UEFI boot suddenly slow and laggy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B450 Gaming ITX UEFI boot suddenly slow and laggy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B450 Gaming ITX UEFI boot suddenly slow and laggy
    Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 10:45am
I recently bought Fatal1ty B450 Gaming ITX for my new Ryzen 2700. I choose Asrock because this is the only small form factor mobo that has optical output. Everything went well, UEFI boot was fast and clean, until this morning. UEFI boot is much slower than normal. Even booting into UEFI also takes a lot of time. In UEFI menu, there is a huge lag when browsing the menu, hovering the mouse is also laggy. After a very long time of waiting, it finally boots into Windows and everything is fast again.

I have tried to unplug all the usb devices, re-seat the RAM slot, re-seat SATA slot, reset to default settings, reset cmos through battery removal method but nothing changes. I have no clue what the problem is because before this morning everything was normal.

Edited by greenday - 13 Aug 2018 at 10:48am
Intruder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Intruder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 1:00am
Hi, I have the same problem, occurred around October with a Ryzen 2600 on a B450 PRO4. The ASRock splash screen stays for several minutes until the Windows load screen shows up.
The navigation in UEFI is really laggy, like below 1 fps.
This happens even without any USB device attached and with a fresh Windows, partitions set up anew.
basedmeezus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote basedmeezus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2018 at 5:00am
New bios update just came out, give those a shot
Intruder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Intruder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 9:30am
I have installed 1.50, didn't get better.
In the meantime I have also disabled the POST splash screen so instead it shows me the hexadecimal codes of the current phase it goes through, in the lower right corner. Those are:

9C
B4
A2

B4 takes the longest. [URL=https://www.asrock.com/support/faq.asp?id=334]I have found[/URL] that this should be related to USB devices, but even disabling legacy support or unplugging all USB devices does not improve the boot times.
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 7:12pm
if u have usb ports used (like front panel), try to unplug it
another tought would be removing wifi card as it has bluetooth which is USB device, its connected to pci-e, screw is from bottom of mainboard
Intruder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Intruder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2018 at 10:00pm
Today I've unplugged every USB, including front panel, and also each SATA connector. It's a bit faster, but still takes more than two minutes just to go into the UEFI. And when I'm in the UEFI, it's really laggy - it recognizes one keyboard input every 5 seconds. The time in the bottom right corner is updating every 10 seconds when I don't make any inputs. Has anybody encountered something like this before?
I even reverted back to my old video card, but it did not show anything. Now I switched my new one in again and it doesn't boot at all... Black screen.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote basedmeezus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 1:08am
can you list all devices connected to pc/psu? I'm beginning to suspect it might be a psu issue...
Intruder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Intruder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 1:38am
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
GPU: 8GB Asus Radeon RX Vega 56 ROG Strix OC
MB: ASRock B450 PRO4
RAM: 16GB (2x 8192MB) G.Skill Aegis DDR4-3000 DIMM CL16-18-18-38 Dual Kit
PSU: Some Cougar with 750W
Display: ACER Predator XF270HUAbmiidprzx

This is the basic config where the problem occurs, without any additional peripherals. No SSD/HDD needs to be connected for this.

I don't suspect the PSU, it worked ever since (PC is upgraded). This problem has not occured since the beginning of the upgrade, but I can't make out any indication on what was the "turning" point.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote basedmeezus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 2:24am
also reason I mention PSU was while looking up the code 9C(didn't see it in asrock dr. debug code list), I came across something that mentioned issue with PSU power. Also is Windows installed in uefi or normal mode? Wondering because turning off CSM mode might maybe..
Intruder View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Intruder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2018 at 3:05am
MSINFO32 says it's installed in UEFI mode.
I just had it that my USB keyboard was not passing the keystrokes to BF5 anymore. Replugging helped. Maybe a totally different (software) problem, but can also be related to the boot issue.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic