ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

FM2A88X Pro3+ / soundblaster problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clahman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FM2A88X Pro3+ / soundblaster problems
    Posted: 05 May 2015 at 10:20pm
hi.  because with my asus crosshair v mobo having sound issues i bought the above mobo and amd A10 7850K  cpu. i also bought a new pci-e souncard audigy soundblasterFX. it was crashing then and it is crashing now. i don't know if the mobo is at fault or the sb is at fault. i also bought a new r7 graphics card and i can't get it to work either.  in the bios the creative souncard is not shown and i am sure there are other items missing in the bios. the sound issue is the most important at present. is there a bios update for this board ? thankyou,,,gordon // running windows 8 at present / have tried windows 8.1 and also windows 7

Edited by clahman - 05 May 2015 at 10:24pm
asrock fm2a88x pro3+ amd fx7850 cpu creative audigy soundblasterfx (pci express) ocz obsidian 1600 mhz running at 1066 corsair 850 modular psu
clahman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clahman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2015 at 2:34pm
bios is updated to P1.40

my ocz obsidian memory is not on the vendors list; though that hasn't stopped me before. i haven't got any money to upgrade anyway. i have 2 x 2 gb in dual channel, slots 2 and 4.
asrock fm2a88x pro3+ amd fx7850 cpu creative audigy soundblasterfx (pci express) ocz obsidian 1600 mhz running at 1066 corsair 850 modular psu
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2015 at 1:41pm
Try install the sound card in a different PCI/E slot, on some boards there are conflicts between the PCIE 16 slot and one of the PCIE x1 slots, this is usually documented in the user manual for the board. Given that neither the sound card or the R7 GPU are working I would suspect this may be the case. The sound card likely would not show up in the bios unless your bios displays populated expansion slots so that is nothing to be concerned about. 

The memory should not be an issue, so long as it is posting and you are able to boot into windows you should be fine. Generally manufacturers test a spectrum of popular and budget RAM with their products, this list is not often updated after the release of the product.
clahman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clahman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2015 at 2:14pm
for just now i have it working okay. i'm scared to install other programs like nero 10 / bitlord etcetra as they might be part of the problem. i also did a clean install of windows 8 and upgraded to 8.1 before installing any drivers. and a big mistake i think was installing from the mobo disc amd drivers and then on board graphics drivers. i just installed the amd drivers and not a lot else. worst 3 years of my life. creative drivers taken from the website too.  thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic