ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x470 Taichi, XFR/PBO and CPU voltage offset

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akirabbq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x470 Taichi, XFR/PBO and CPU voltage offset
    Posted: 13 Sep 2018 at 6:30pm
Hi there. I've tried BIOS 1.50, 1.52 or any earlier firmwares, if PBO is enabled under AMD advanced menu, the CPU voltage offset will become -0.1V and the value is not savable. The voltage offset will revert to -0.1V after next reboot. Any help? Thank you.
Malakai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malakai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 9:44am
I have the same problem. I get wicked performance with -0.075 offset and PBO enabled, my 2700x boosts up to 4.15 GHz on all cores under full load stable. The max core voltage under that full load is 1.444v which is excellent. It still ramps down to .800v when idle, best of both worlds really.

After I restart or boot the computer cold after shutting down the offset setting has gone back to -0.100v which prevents Windows from booting.

I have to go into setup every time I start or restart the computer and set the offset back to -0.075v again and then save and exit to get the computer to boot. It just doesn't hold the setting.

Very frustrating because this is such a good setup if it would just hold the setting.

I imagine a BIOS update will fix it in the future but who knows when that might be...
gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 10:18am
this is fixed with betabios 1.62 just wait for it to show up in the official channel or get it here at your own risk https://www.jzelectronic.de/jz2/index.php
Malakai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malakai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 10:34am
Thank you for giving us the heads up, I'll keep an eye out for when it becomes an official update.
J Z View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 3:48pm
https://www.jzelectronic.de/jz2/forum.php?act=38011
Kind Regards,
JZ

https://shop.JZelectronic.de - Der Shop mit ausgesuchter ASRock Profi Hardware

https://www.facebook.com/asrock.de
Malakai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malakai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 5:09pm
Thank you for the forum link, I was going to look for it later today.
Vielen Dank für den Forum-Link, ich würde ihn später heute suchen.

Is this BIOS tested well? Are there any issues I'm likely to encounter if I flash it on my motherboard? Where does it come from?
Ist das BIOS gut getestet? Gibt es Probleme, auf die ich möglicherweise sto?e, wenn ich sie auf meinem Motherboard speichere? Woher kommt das?
J Z View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2018 at 5:58pm
No problems with my customers and forum users. BIOS is good.

BIOS comes from the ASRock BIOS department according to my information
Kind Regards,
JZ

https://shop.JZelectronic.de - Der Shop mit ausgesuchter ASRock Profi Hardware

https://www.facebook.com/asrock.de
Malakai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Malakai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2018 at 12:59pm
I flashed the BIOS v1.62 and I'm using it now. Everything works as expected so far. Most importantly it retains my PBO and under volt settings after restart or shut down. Many thanks.

Now I need to dive into some LLC and P-state tuning.
paologab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paologab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2018 at 6:41pm
Hi, same here.
1.62 working, I put voltage offset -0,8 and both LLC at level 3.
Hope to solve some hardware random freezes with XFR/PBO enabled and kernel 4.19.2.
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X w/Wraith prism
x470 Taichi bios 3.50
16gb HX432C16PB3K2/16 (hynix H5AN8G8NCJR-UHC)
M.2 970 EVO, SATA SSD, 2 SATA HDD
AMD Radeon RX 580 8G OC
Linux Kernel 5.4
Manjaro Stable XFCE
akirabbq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akirabbq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 10:28am
Originally posted by J Z J Z wrote:

No problems with my customers and forum users. BIOS is good.

BIOS comes from the ASRock BIOS department according to my information

Thanks for posting the beta BIOS on your site, much appreciated.

Now the board works like it should be after several months of purchase. 2700x, PBO/XFR on, cpu offset -0.8V, 102 BCLK, RAM 3200 CL14, single core boosts to 4.43Ghz and all core stable at 4.18 under a custom water loop. Cinebench reaches 1900 easily.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic