ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z370 fatal1ty itx, bios 3.10 with CSM disabled

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z370 fatal1ty itx, bios 3.10 with CSM disabled
    Posted: 15 Sep 2018 at 4:41pm
I just upgraded the bios from 1.70 to 3.10.  However, with CSM disabled, there will be no post (black screen).  The exact culprit is that  video oprom policy can't be set to UEFI only.  The bios of v. 1.70 does not have such problem. With CSM enabled, the start screen is not HD.

So I  tried to roll back to 1.70 (downgrade). Downloaded the bios zip file and unzipped to a fat32 flash drive for instant flash. It just complained " invalid file" during the process.  NO success. 
I then tried to downgrade the bios with windows version. This time, it said it does not support the motherboard. No success again. 

So how can I downgrade the bios from 3.10 to 1.70? Or I have to keep the bugged 3.10.
horald View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2018 at 6:48am
Little update:

1. The GPU is gigabyte  g1 gaming gtx 1080 with F2 vbios. 

2. The intel iGPU does not have this problem when I remove the pcie GPU (gtx 1080). It will show HD uefi with and without CSM . 

3. With F2 vbios, I could make HD uefi  (with CSM disabled) working on gtx 1080 after removing the card and resetting the bios of Z370 board. But with a hard reboot, the signal will be lost again

4. Flash the vbios to F3. I could get HD uefi with CSM disabled. When CSM is enabled , the uefi resolution will not be HD.    
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2018 at 4:16pm

Dear Horald,

Thank you for choosing ASRock.

Regarding your case, we have built a system at our lab, with BIOS P3.10, set the CSM to disabled, ZOTAC GTX 1060 can display properly.

We provide the latest beta BIOS L3.12 for you to try.

Please download the BIOS from below link and update by Instant flash.

https://mega.nz/#!1kQHmCJJ!ZCPS7hyvOdmGcAWTPNNjb6O-0Wwp0LgiIcETelDez8w

Yours truly,

ASRock TSD

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic