ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

USB to Ethernet Adapter breaks on A520M-itx/ac

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crayio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: USB to Ethernet Adapter breaks on A520M-itx/ac
    Posted: 12 May 2024 at 4:52pm
I recently built a new computer with the A520M/itx-ac board and a 5600g. It also has an intel arc 380.

I am trying to use a 2.5Gbps ethernet adapter, but if I let it autonegotiate its speed (to 2.5Gbps) then no traffic passes through and it continually resets.

I have 3 of these adapters and it happens to all three. All three work in my other devices.

If I set the interface to 1Gbps, it works fine. Any ideas what this could be? Power delivery issue? USB incompatibility? I've tried every usb port, both C and A, and they all fail in this manner.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2024 at 5:52pm
I would open a ticket with ASRock Tech Support and include a link to your thread here.

https://tw.asrock.com/events/tsd.asp

I am assuming you are using a USB ethernet adapter? If you could include the model/s
of your devices that should help ASRock's support staff to track down the issue.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic