ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

SOLVED! Extreme4 board, freezes on boot

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wardog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2016 at 4:46am
Well, keep us posted.
Bendz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bendz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2016 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by wardog wardog wrote:

Well, keep us posted.

It's been in the shop since Monday and they still haven't managed to get it to boot. I think they're swapping out the CPU to see if that's the issue this afternoon. Since that's the only part that hasn't been replaced at least twice in this build I'm starting to think that must be where the problem is, even though the CPU seems fine as far as motherboard tests when booting into the bios.

It's all still very confusing and extremely frustrating. If my partner doesn't get to play Overwatch again soon she's is going to kill me! :(
Bendz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bendz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2016 at 4:06am
Solved! In spite of passing the motherboard tests and booting into the BIOS with no issues the problem was a faulty CPU. Got the CPU replaced and now it boots like a boss. Thanks for all the suggestions folks. So far I've found the motherboard to be solid. I appreciate the easy OC options!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic