ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I218-V problems
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I218-V problems

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gassy93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2017 at 1:19am

Did the Intel driver from the ASRock support web site install? Yes and its too old and i've been tryning it

What version of Windows are you using and do you have another network card installed? win 10 pro. Nope i dont have another network card installed
Gassy93 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gassy93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 12:45am
UP
clubfoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clubfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 6:24am
Originally posted by Gassy93 Gassy93 wrote:

Yes and its too old and i've been tryning it

win 10 pro. Nope i dont have another network card installed

What do you mean by trying it? Did it allow a higher connection speed?
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2017 at 11:05am
The Intel network driver on your board's download page may be "old", but it worked perfectly fine with my ASRock Z97 board. The driver version is not the problem with your link speed. I've had 1Gbps link speed connections with my old Z77 board and a much older Intel network driver. I have older boards than that and they work at 1Gbps.

You said you don't seen the Advanced tab in the Device Manager entry for the I218-V. That is caused by not installing the driver correctly. That is not your mistake, Intel has set the default installation options for the network driver installer for professional use. I will show you how to fix that and get the Advanced tab back in Device Manager.

When you run the Intel network driver installation program, at one point you will see this screen:

The box next to Intel Advanced Network Services must NOT have a check mark in it. All you want to install is Device Drivers and Intel PROSet, nothing else. If you just install those two things, you will get the Advanced tab back in Device Manager.

Just install the same driver again or a new one, which will ask you to do a repair or update install, that is fine. They be sure the Intel Advanced Network Services is NOT checked.

If you still have a problem with a low link speed connection, then the board might be bad, or at least something to do with the Intel network chip. Are you sure you get a better than 10Mbps connection with your network cable into your laptop?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic