ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X670e Steel Legend no post after BIOS 3.01

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote killroy2963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2024 at 1:23am
Originally posted by mrbill mrbill wrote:

No luck here and what a nightmare with fw 3.06. I did get it to train the memory but windows would crash when restarting the pc. So i rolled back to 1.30as05 and encountered all kinds of errors - no start menu, no file association endpoints and more joys. I used wre to roll back to a restore point and all I get is a black screen after logging in. Can?�t even see task manager. I?�m now in the process of resetting the pc. Let me tell u, if I have to pull out the x670e steel legend mb for a RMA, an ASRock board isn?�t going back in. I?�m so done with that company. Regardless, I?�m glad it worked out well for you. I?�d hate anyone else to experience what I?�m going through.

That's too bad, I wish I could help but I don't even know where to begin. I'm wondering if something is actually wrong with the Windows installation, but without sitting down with it, I could be very wrong. well good luck, I hope you get it sorted out soon.
ASRock X670E Steel legend
AMD 7800X3D
Gigabyte 4080 RTX
GSkill FlareX 5 DDR-5 6000
Sound Blaster AE-5
ShinisterAct View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ShinisterAct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2024 at 2:44am
Not a hope in hell I?™m upgrading BIOS without intense fear of bricking it again.

At least the system is up and running now but I feel your pains
mrbill View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrbill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2024 at 8:21pm
After reverting to 1.30, and with a fresh install of Windows, I figured it was a good time to give 3.06 another shot. Its not like I had much to lose at that point. I was able to get into Windows only to experience repeated crashes with a clean install.

I doubt I will attempt another FW upgrade, but if I do I will make sure to do a fresh data backup beforehand. What I likely will do is give it some time, for tech to advance a bit, and buy a MB/CPU combo from a different manufacturer and throw this ASRock board in the trash.
ASRock X670E Steel Legend (ABA159EAF581)
AMD Ryzen 9 7900X
32GB (2x16GB) G.Skill F5-5200J4040A16GX2-RS5K
WD SN570 2TB
MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti
Win 11 Pro
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2024 at 9:28pm
I will point my contacts at ASRock to this thread guys. Seems like this/these BIOS version(s)
have some serious issues, at least with some configurations. Unfortunately, this kind
of thing happens sometimes.

Edited by Xaltar - 03 Aug 2024 at 9:31pm
killroy2963 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote killroy2963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2024 at 1:41am
Originally posted by mrbill mrbill wrote:

After reverting to 1.30, and with a fresh install of Windows, I figured it was a good time to give 3.06 another shot. Its not like I had much to lose at that point. I was able to get into Windows only to experience repeated crashes with a clean install.

I doubt I will attempt another FW upgrade, but if I do I will make sure to do a fresh data backup beforehand. What I likely will do is give it some time, for tech to advance a bit, and buy a MB/CPU combo from a different manufacturer and throw this ASRock board in the trash.

I looked up your memory on the Gskill website, and saw the QVL is only for Asrock Intel boards, the Steel Legend is not listed as compatible . So you may be having memory compatibility issues, I would post a question on the tech support forum for Gskill and see what they have to say, couldn't hurt.
ASRock X670E Steel legend
AMD 7800X3D
Gigabyte 4080 RTX
GSkill FlareX 5 DDR-5 6000
Sound Blaster AE-5
mrbill View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrbill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2024 at 12:18am
Originally posted by killroy2963 killroy2963 wrote:

I looked up your memory on the Gskill website, and saw the QVL is only for Asrock Intel boards, the Steel Legend is not listed as compatible . So you may be having memory compatibility issues, I would post a question on the tech support forum for Gskill and see what they have to say, couldn't hurt.

Definitely interesting ASRock claims QVL support for my RAM but Gskill doesn't. I'll take your advice and reach out to GSkill since ASRock has proven to be useless.
ASRock X670E Steel Legend (ABA159EAF581)
AMD Ryzen 9 7900X
32GB (2x16GB) G.Skill F5-5200J4040A16GX2-RS5K
WD SN570 2TB
MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti
Win 11 Pro
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic