ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z390 Second M.2 SSD not detected

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote witchspit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z390 Second M.2 SSD not detected
    Posted: 27 Jul 2024 at 4:22am
Hello,

Im currently running a Z390 Phantom 4 Gaming MB. I have a primary M.2 SSD as my main storage with Windows installed. I today just purchased another SSD (Crucial PCIe 3.0 NVME M.2 SSD CT1000P3SSD8) and had installed it into my second M.2 port on the motherboard. I try to format and partition it in Windows and it does NOT show as an unformatted/partitioned drive. I open my bios under storage and it recognizes my primary M.2 SSD but says theres nothing detected in the second.

I cannot for the life of my figure out why Windows or the MB bios do not recognize or detect the SSD. I checked Crucials website and it states the CT1000P3SSD8 is a compatible SSD, but I still cannot get windows or my bios to recognize it.

Any help to get this second SSD up and running and formatted/partitioned in windows would be appreciated.

Side note: I originally had a wired internal HDD, but when it had failed, I just powered off my PC, unplugged the hard drive and set it to the side. Not sure if thats relevant but just for the sake of providing information I thought id point it out.

If you have any questions related to assisting me, please ask.

Thank you and have a good day.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic