ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X370 taichi: problematic USB 3.0 ports.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Biliogadafr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 5:39pm
My PSU is Corsair RM750 which is not the cheapest and worked fine for several years in my previous system with phenom II x6 1075T. Whith upgrade to ryzen I replaced only motherboard, cpu and memory (and CPU cooler).
And also I noticed that scenario with USB audio through KVM works with lower 4 usb 3.0 ports. With 2 ports at the top (near PS/2) I hear clicks (but no clicks if I connect usb headset directly to upper ports and not through KVM). However those 4 usb ports at the bottom are still not good enough for VR, but this is solved with pci-e to usb3.1 expansion card (mentioned before) which I inserted into PCI-e x4 slot (the one without metal shield). And looks like my scarlet 2i2 works fine with any of the ports (it only may have problem after reboot, but this happened also on the old system, so looks like this is the problem of the audio interface itself). So now everything works more or less OK. I still want to try to use Leap Motion(another bandwidth hungry device) with Oculus Rift, but a little bit later.

Edited by Biliogadafr - 26 May 2017 at 5:40pm
Atan87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atan87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2017 at 7:13pm
I hear these clicks sometimes trhu OPTICAL cable, so the problem is somewhere in mb. Reboot fixes the issue until next time it happens.

gruzinov View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gruzinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2018 at 2:43am
Biliogadafr: I have exactly this same problem as you have , and I have exactly this same PS ; Corsair RM750 , I am not able to connect any external HDD 2.5" with single cable , the HDD simply disconnects over and over again , the only way to connect HDD is to connect it to Monitor USB Hub where the power supply is from somewhere else than MB . The ony way to connect USB HDD  directlyt o MB is to use a USB cable who have 2 power ports and 1 port to HDD ( old 2.5" external HDD's had those )

so problem exist , and you are not the only one :(
wondering if you managed to fix that somehow different  than pcie card ?
did you tried different PS ? , I was monitoring the AC on the power supply with electric meter by plugin pins into molex and it looks like its not the PS fault., but I do not  have any other PS that could boot this machine to check.

asrock x370 taichi
ryzen 5 1600x
rm750
gskill 32gb tridentz @3200
r9 290x

* ps. all except r2 290x is brand new , so do not use argument that PS is old and has to be replaced.

Edited by gruzinov - 19 Feb 2018 at 2:49am
KiR-3d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiR-3d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 11:55pm
Hello all!
I'm struggling with audio dropouts using XR18 as an audio interface.
My mb is Asus Prime X370-A
To this topic - I'm highly guessing that it's linked with X370 chipset somehow.
That it doesn't depend on a concrete mb.
The OS is Win7 64-bit SP1, CPU: AMD Ryzen 1800x
Soundcard: SB Audigy2 (I've took this mb because of the Audigy2 that uses PCI slot actually). Currently the soundcard is OFF in the Device Manager.
XR18 is used as the audio interface via USB 2.0 port. I've tried almost all USB ports, just maybe I need to try it with other 3.* ports. But here is no luck :(

The drivers are fresh (for AMD chipset and NVidia).
Pauses in sound becomes with random intervals. Seems that it doesn't depends on X-Air ASIO driver's buffer setup. 16 samples or 2024 samples buffer gives the same dropouts. Almost no clicks&glitches (only on the lowest buffer of 4 samples).
I've used LatencyMon to catch the problem but it did show that I have troubles just once. Probably it was a "false hit", some coincidence (I've ran DAW and did inserted sound tracks plus to just playing something in Winamp). I can't repeat to that LatencyMon's will conclude the issue again.

Also I've tried to catch the root by checking if some hard pagefault will happen in the same time of an audio dropouts. No luck. It can happen even without hard pagefaults counted at all.

I'm completely sure that this concrete XR18 mixer works fine. I've tested it on my friend's PC laptop (Acer Aspire, 2-core) and it worked just fine - no dropouts, no any troubles. The same USB cable was used.
I hope that maybe my message will help to understand the real root of this evil buggery.
I'm ready to put LatencyMon's report(s) here if necessary. Would be good if the responsible developers will take a look at this problem.
gizmic View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gizmic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 11:56pm
go to the asus forums
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic