ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How can i OC my 2400G VGA from AB350M-HDV BIOS?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

How can i OC my 2400G VGA from AB350M-HDV BIOS?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mobawe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 6:47pm
Hi all

I have had a lot of problems trying to just make my new build run at standard clock speeds. I have tried to follow all the good advice with Windows installation from USB, drivers from AMD site etc. Just a little confused however about the AMD drivers. I only install the following driver for the ryzen 5 2400G 

Radeon Software for Ryzen Desktop Processors with Radeon Vega Graphics Version 17.40.3701 (Windows Driver Store Version23.20.827.0).)
https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-for-Ryzen-Desktop-Processors-with-Radeon-Vega-Graphics-Release-Notes.aspx

It seems however that some people also talk about a chipset that I should install prior to this? What is that? I think Windows install some AMD chipset automatically during install- Is it that or what?

I have set the RAM frequency using the XMP profile in the UEFI. I could make it boot and post with the max OC value for the board- 3466 MHZ. but then it was impossible to increase the vega 11 mhz upwards from the 400 mhz that the Ryzen master set without getting a crash. I have found that it seem very difficult to increase the MHZ for both the CPU and the integrated GPU in Ryzen Master even when I lower my RAM frequency. It makes me very worried about my ram and compatibility. I deliberately bought them with extra capacity and suppopsedly as samsung B-die etc. I realize that it is not Flare-X recommended AMD but I read people say it should not matter as long as it was high quality Bdie etc. My problems could also be related to my poor skills in this area - But still trying and not giving up :-). 

Now I wanna try and ditch the OC with Ryzen master and try and do it in the Uefi/Bios.

I found a good explanation how to do it in the ASROCK Uefi that I believe can also be applied for my ITX board. 

It gives agood explanation to that value of "30" mentioned in the above step guide from Asrock.

30 = 1,25 VDDR SOC according to the explanation ( I am not an expert and just try to grap the knowledge from around the web and put it together - It is not easy with this board :-( )
https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/842ehb/asrock_ab350_pro4_guide_bios_overclocking_raven/

I really miss a step by step guide how to set the RAM, CPU and integrated GPU for the ASROCK boards - and how to OC. Now it is even diffucult to set the parameters for making the APU run at stock values.

Please give me your thoughts and advice - Or maybe I should make a new postConfused
Ryzen 5 2400g/ ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ NH-L9A-AM4 L.PROFILE/ INWIN-CHOPIN 150W/ G.Skill Ripjaws V-DDR4,2x8-3600MHz(F4-3600C16D-16GVK)/ Samsung 850 EVO MZ-75E500-SSD-500GB/ UEFI-bios 4.51A
cristy6100 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cristy6100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 6:59pm
You dont need any drivers besides the ones that come with Windows and the AMD Graphics driver for the IGPU if you use it, download and install the AMD graphics driver, it provides  2-3 drivers more, for the PSP chip, HD audio, and SMBus), besides this driver you dont need any chipset/sata/audio/wlan/lan drivers, Windows 10 provides all necesary drivers for these components, and dedicated drivers for these are known to cause more troubles than fixes

Regarding overclocking the IGPU, overcloking is in a bad state now with Raven Ridge, many people me including experience GPU throttle even on default settings and good cooling, plus you have those stupid menus and naming for voltages, you should wait until a new bios will be available with improved menu naming system, you should not go past 1.2 SOC in Raven Ridge, and you dont have a accurate voltage info for the SOC, and many boards read the SOC voltage wrong by +0.05-0.10V
I would not trust those numbers, ASRock should provide a GPU voltage option in the normal overclocking menu, not a copy-paste from the default AMD firmware buried in the AMD CBS

Edited by cristy6100 - 16 Mar 2018 at 7:14pm
Mobawe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mobawe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 9:06pm
Thanks for the clarification about drivers. In a way I am glad to hear that it is a well known issue with the IGPU setting- Gives me hope that it will be better in the future :-). 

Does anybody have any knowledge about if a new Bios version from Asrock or drivers from AMD is on the way? Seems that many people have problems setting the standard values for this chip.

I also feel that Ryzen Master is not stable but maybe that is just me or related to my rams. I think however I will try to set some conservative values in the Uefi, to try and reach the standard clock speeds for the IGPU without using the Ryzen Master. 

Ryzen 5 2400g/ ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ NH-L9A-AM4 L.PROFILE/ INWIN-CHOPIN 150W/ G.Skill Ripjaws V-DDR4,2x8-3600MHz(F4-3600C16D-16GVK)/ Samsung 850 EVO MZ-75E500-SSD-500GB/ UEFI-bios 4.51A
JinxB1rd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JinxB1rd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 10:22pm
I tried what asrock sent to me, but my system get bluescreen always. The joke is that with this values your igpu never change back to the low frequency (400-500), it keeps the clock on 1240. So thats not a real tuning, still keep chrashing.

However, i dont know, what voltage vid change or do, i dont want to kill my hardwers and try raising this value, so yeah... I hope they want to make able the bios to change values from OC menu safely.
Asrock AB350M-HDV, AMD Ryzen 5 2400G, CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 2x4GB DDR4 3000MHz(CMK8GX4M2B3000C15R), OCZ 60GB Agility 3, Western Digital WD5000AAKX 500GB, FSP Hexa+ 500W, Sharkoon Vaya + Arctic F12 Pro
voltron00x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote voltron00x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2018 at 7:54pm
Same issues here with the X370 Fatality ITX. Literally all the exact issues you noted. I gave up and am running at stock GPU clocks with RAM at 2933 and going to wait for a bios revision.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic