ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

No video output on w10 and amd card

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goildzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2019 at 4:07pm
Go safe mode. Hardware devices. Find gpu in list right click delete drivers + delete from pc restart pc. Its obv a driver thing. Anyway goodluck
ghostmm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 1:43am
I tried again with an old driver from early november 2018, still the same problem... It really piss me off.

During the installation of the driver, when my screen turn off, i ear windows still making sound sound, like if i connect an usb key. I guess windows isn't crash, so is it possible this is possible resolution problem ? The driver try to put higher resolution than the monitor can handle so it turn off and say no signal ?
Goildzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goildzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 2:44pm
It is very normal for a driver install that your screen goes off amd on and does weird stuff (its installing the the driver). The sounds you hear (usb connect sound) is the sound of yout new drivet+screen being connected and so windows notices that ans you hear the connected device sound.
Goildzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goildzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 2:52pm
I read all you post and see that you reinstalled windows alot. To me it sounds like a driver problem atm. Its weird that you can use the same card in a different set up. Have you tried a different pcie slot (ik it gonna be less performance but just to isolate the problem). However if you van boot to windows using windows basic gfx drivers than the card imo should be fine. And i dont see why the mobo wouldnt. When yiu install your card....does yout bios maybe change it to integrated graphics after it try to boot? Did you try old drivers? Um does all stuff on that board work on your other board? Might it be your psu? I dont really see a mobo quit of a sudden.
Goildzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goildzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 2:59pm
It sounds like everything is working. And this is a driver problem. You know yo mess around in your windows when that screen is off.... You van download TeamViewer and link your pc to your account and get on your windows when you are online with a different device like your phone or other pc. This way you could directly reverse the driver back through device manager without needing a physical screen attached.

Important!!!!!! Did you flash your bios to a newer one? Did with that you also downloaded and installed the AMD all in 1 with VGA driver ver:18.50.16.01_WHQL? As the latest agesa needs that!
ghostmm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghostmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 6:47am
Hello

Just to say that the problem is solve... i use displayport instead of hdmi and it works... thx amd

Now i have to find a workaround for both the unwanted reboot and the freeze on linux. ASROCK was kind enough to remove the option to get "typical current idle" in the AB350 itx bios that remove the freezing problem, but still present in the X370 itx bios...
Goildzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goildzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2019 at 3:35pm
Weird solving lol. Glad you found a solution. Can't help you linux wise. Goodluck ;}
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic