ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x370 Taichi, no video from Titan X Pascal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2017 at 8:05pm
ok heres two things regarding this

first as mister j did point out

you really need the amd chipset drivers installed
considering the gpu does actually direct connect to the ryzen via the pcie bus

but another word of caution here
jayztwocents or whatever the guys name is on yourtube channel (hes quite popular)

actually had the same issue and made a video
bnasically he had two 1080's different brands both fully working and tested in intel systems

only one would work in the ryzen ,the other would be no display

i presume it to be something in the bios of either OR both the mainboard and the gpu card conflicting with certain brands of graphics card
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
plasma800 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plasma800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2017 at 1:18am
I'm hoping asrock support can shed some light on the situation.  I'll install the amd drivers, but I'm really leaning towards just listing the board on craigslist.

I dont have a ton of time to fiddle with this anymore and testing it is a real chore.  Further, I'm not even sure the performance would be ahead of my z170 board and 6700k.  I bought this on a whim just to give a kick in the tires.. i don't want it that badly

x370 taichi. bios 3.2, win 10 pro 64 bit, evga 850 g2 supernova, Gskill F4-2400C15D-32GFX, 1800x, ekwb pump, ekwb rad, samsung evo 1 tb ssd
plasma800 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plasma800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 6:48am
Wanted to post an update.

I gave the board another go with the chipset driver.  I installed a fresh full install of windows, only installed the chipset driver.  

Card still didn't work.

I called Asrock, and the nice guy asked me to try it out of the case.

Did that, didn't work

I put the card in the second slot, and low and behold, bios right away.

What I cannot say is why the card works in an 8x slot, but not the 16x slot.

The card performs great in my gigabyte 16x slot.
x370 taichi. bios 3.2, win 10 pro 64 bit, evga 850 g2 supernova, Gskill F4-2400C15D-32GFX, 1800x, ekwb pump, ekwb rad, samsung evo 1 tb ssd
htang79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote htang79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 7:47am
Need some help - new computer build with TaiChi 370 | Rayzen 1800X | turning the computer on, seems loud - could be the cosair hydro series H115i but im not sure. Also, i cannot install Windows 10, is there anything i need to do to the default bios that the motherboard came with?
Ha Tnag
plasma800 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plasma800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 8:44am
Originally posted by htang79 htang79 wrote:

Need some help - new computer build with TaiChi 370 | Rayzen 1800X | turning the computer on, seems loud - could be the cosair hydro series H115i but im not sure. Also, i cannot install Windows 10, is there anything i need to do to the default bios that the motherboard came with?

Probably best to start a thread of your own.  In that post, you would want to define the word "can't"

As a follow up to my own post, I contacted nvidia... all they could say was "buy intel next time.. good luck"
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 10:28am
Originally posted by plasma800 plasma800 wrote:

Originally posted by htang79 htang79 wrote:

Probably best to start a thread of your own.  In that post, you would want to define the word "can't"

As a follow up to my own post, I contacted nvidia... all they could say was "buy intel next time.. good luck"

I assume you are serious about the statement from Nvidia... but are you serious? Confused

One of the frustrating situations that exists between PC hardware manufactures is even if they know of an issue with a product they do not make, when it is used with their product, they won't state outright that the issue exists. The other explanation is they are just blowing you off. Either way, you are left with nothing.

We are not aware of any specific problems with the Titan XP and this board or the AMD video Option ROM that is part of the UEFI/BIOS, but that is a rare card.

Did you ever try clearing the UEFI/BIOS after inserting the Titan and starting the board again?

The driver version may be the "same", but how do you know that all the identical components of the driver are shared between a GTX 460 and a Titan XP?

This is a screenshot of the Device Manager Driver Details for a GTX 960:

Notice the scroll bar on the right side of the driver component list? We cannot expand the size of the Properties box, so I cannot show the 68 entries that I counted of the various driver components/files as I scrolled through the list. Is it possible for a GTX 460 and Titan XP to use the identical components, with nothing new or different? This completely ignores anything related to Windows such as the Windows registry entries for the drivers, etc.

I offered this as a possibility of the cause of the problem. Accepting or dismissing it is your choice.

The point is the driver installation for video cards is more complex than one or two files, and the driver installation program detects the video card in use and tailors the installation for that card. So it is possible that a Titan XP cannot function with the driver installation for a GTX 460, since they are very far apart in design and time.

GeForce Experience is not a driver. It is optional software that is used for optimizing game performance, among many other things. You are not required to install it. Many people don't use it, including myself.

The best procedure when changing any video cards is uninstalling the driver via Windows for the DDU program, then restarting Windows so it loads its generic video driver. Then the new video card is put in the system, booted with the generic driver, and then a fresh driver installation is done.

plasma800 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plasma800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 10:34am
Dude I am NOT joking at all... Even I was like... whoa... 

I wonder if I have the chat transcript in my inbox..DAM I dont!!  

Ok so, on my last try, I didn't install any drivers of any sort.

1. Put the mobo in my case with waterblock.
  2. put in gtx460
  3. Installed a fresh, clean install of windows 10
  4. Installed the AMD chipset driver
  5. Put the Titan x in place of the GTX460, no video signal.
  6. Called asrock
  7. removed the motherboard to a cardboard box (as instructed), which was a nightmare with my rad out underneath it.
  8. No change, no video signal
  9. moved the card to slot 2, saw bios (hopeful.. at this point I didnt have the HDD connected, so it didn't boot into windows.  I just stopped at the bios screen)
  10. called ASROCK who said call Nvidia
  11. Chatted with nvidia who said sorry.

Then I removed the board entirely, reinstalled my intel board, filled the loop and now I'm playing WOW :)

I didn't try installing the specific drivers for the titan x BEFORE I put the card in, expecting that this would take place AFTER putting the card in, but without a screen.. I haven't been able to.

Edited by plasma800 - 05 Dec 2017 at 10:40am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic