ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock x470 Master SLI/ac Start

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zeeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 3:42am
I'm seeing nothing.  No fans moving.  No BIOS.  Nothing.  The only sign that the motherboard has power is the AMD Promontory x470 showing a red light under it flashing on and off.  That's it.

I've now replaced the PSU with a better one that has both the 8-pin and 4-pin cables, and attached them both.  Still no change.
datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 4:10am
back to basics

make sure the complete 24 pin power is connected
make sure you have the 4+4 cpu/eps power lead connected to the 8 pin and make sure it is the right way round (also make sure your not trying to force a 6+2 gpu (graphics into this)
make sure ram is inserted into slot a2 and b2 and make sure its pressed down in firmly both ends
doule check you have connected all the case plugs into the correct pins on the motherboard
eg reset is reset/ pwr button is power /hdd led is the correct way round etc etc
make sure the graphics card is fully inserted and has power lead plugged these are the 6+2 plugs

did you definately insert the cpu the correct way round ?

to be honest im a bit worried about the initial problem of 20/24 way power not being clear to you as to the rest of the build being correct
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
Zeeman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zeeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 10:45pm
Update: My son came over to help, and within ten minutes had it working perfectly!  This was the first build I had attempted on my own.  We always have done this together over the years.  Built many that way.  Lesson learned!  I'll make sure he is free before I do this again.

Thanks for everyone's assistance.  Appreciate the offers of help and insight offered.
cristy6100 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cristy6100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2018 at 1:14am
Glad your problem was solved, just curios what was the problem? I completely forgot about the Case Power/Reset connectors :)), if you got no power on most likely the where not connected corectly?

Cheers and have fun with the new rig
Main Rig: AMD Ryzen 2400G | ASRock Fatality X370 ITX/ac UEFI 4.90 | Corsair LPX DDR4 2400@3200 1.35V | Corsair RM650i PSU | CM ML120L AiO Cooler
Res0cxwx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Res0cxwx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2018 at 10:27am
Zeeman, if you could please tell me what the issue was and how you resolved it. I'm having a similar issue and I'm all out of clues on how to resolve it.
ThePrinceofMilk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThePrinceofMilk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 3:08am
I would also like to know what the solution was because I have the same issue.
Res0cxwx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Res0cxwx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2018 at 3:13am
PrinceofMilk, I figured out the solution to my problem and it was the most simplest thing, which made me feel like a complete dumbass. I double checked all my connections too. So my issue was that I connected the 24 pin power cable to the motherboard, but I completely missed the 8 pin and 4 pin cable to the CPU that's located near the IO shield. I hope your problem is as simple as my mistake.
Browniebrazil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Browniebrazil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2018 at 11:14pm
Having same issue/! What was the fix?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic