ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Motherboard doesn't shut down properly

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eightobeh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Motherboard doesn't shut down properly
    Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 2:57pm
Hello,
I just assembled my new X370 Professional Gaming with 1600X CPU, Radeon RX 580, Vengeance 16GB DDR4 3200MHz and BIOS 1.5 yesterday and then I set the PSU switch to "ON", the PC starts to power up without pressing any buttons.
When observing this symptom, I just pressed the power button to shutdown the PC. 
The PC turns off but right after 1 sec. it starts again. 
The only way to shutdown the PC was to keep the power button pressed more than 5 sec. 
And when I tried to power up the PC again the power button didn't work. 
I tried to use the MB power button but it has the same behavior. 
If I need to power up the PC I need to use the PSU switch from "ON" to "OFF" and then from "OFF" to "ON". 
I double checked the connections between the MB and the PC case and everything looks fine. 
I cleared the CMOS but I have the same behavior and I also check if the auto power on was enabled but it was disabled. 
At this moment I don't know what do to.

Thank you.

Edited by eightobeh - 02 Jun 2017 at 3:13pm
TooQik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooQik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2017 at 9:52pm
Power down your PC at the mains, remove any cabling you've done on the system panel header ie. power button, reset button, HDD LED and power LED, then reapply the power and see if it turns on again.

If it doesn't power on then either one of the system panel header cables wasn't on correctly or you've got a internal short on the case power button.

If is still powers on by itself then check the 24 pin power connector to the motherboard by disconnecting it, check the wiring and pins and then re-connect it.

Edited by TooQik - 02 Jun 2017 at 9:56pm
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 12:56am
Dear eightobeh,

Greetings, this is ASRock TSD.

We install the same configuration to test in our lab, the system is functional with the power button.

[configuration]
BIOS: P1.50
CPU: AMD 1600X
VGA card: Radeon RX 580
DRAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 3200MHz

When we turn the power on, the system starts properly.

And it shutdowns with the power off button. (Always keeps the power supply at "on" status)

Therefore, we would provide the following suggestions to verify.

1. Use Instant Flash to update BIOS to the latest P2.30 version to try:
Here's the SOP of Instant Flash:

2. Reinstall your CPU and make sure it is installed properly in the CPU socket.

3. Only install the necessary devices (CPU, one stick memory and VGA) to check if the system can boot properly.

4. If possible, please change another power supply to check if it related to specific PSU.

Thanks!

All the best,
ASRock TSD

datonyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote datonyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 1:01am

i do suspect firstly
an issue with the front panel connectors
quadruple check Wink
h/d led
pwr sw
reset sw
[url=https://valid.x86.fr/jpg250][/url]

3800X, powercolor reddevil vega64, gskill tridentz3866, taichix370, evga750watt gold
ronniedude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronniedude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 1:02am
Are you making sure the back of your motherboard isnt touching your case? IE are you using the proper standoffs?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic