ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ab350m pro4 won't POST! Help please!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Seien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 4:36am
I GOT IT!!!!!! WOW! Thank you zlobster, and EVERYBODY for all your help. Here is what I finally determined and how I fixed it. 

After being completely perplexed by the fact that the speaker would give all appropriate error codes when I removed the RAM and the graphics card, I finally thought "Maybe when I tried to clear the CMOS somehow I didn't do it right?" So, I looked in my manual and follwed the instructions again (move the pins, wait 5 seconds, move them back) but it didn't do anything. THEN, I googled CMOS reset options, and someone on a forum said that you could try to boot it with the CMOS in reset mode. I did that and it gave me a flicker of blue screen. That was the first thing that I have seen on the monitor! I switched it back, and VOILLA! So maybe I was doing some cmos resetting incorrectly?

For anyone reading this later, Here is what I believe was the problem in its entirety. I bought incompatible ram (intel, not AMD potenza). I Got the New compatible ram in. However, I must not have been correctly resetting the CMOS and so it was storing the information from the incompatible ram while trying to run with the new ram. Once I cleared the CMOS, the new ram worked like a charm and the computer POSTed. 

Seriously, thank you all so much. I have been at my wits end on this thing, and had it not been for ya'll I would have given up a long time ago. You are awesome! A true Christmas Miracle! 
zlobster View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zlobster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2017 at 8:46pm
We need a happy emoji with a Christmas hat! Party

Happy fragging and much productivity with your new build! Hope it makes you happy for times to come!

IDK about CMOS clear, though. If one needs advanced clearing hacks for that, I'd rather call it poor board/FW design. But all is good when it ends good.

P.S. Please mark the topic *SOLVED*.  Hope others see it and it helps them too!
1700X ZP-B1 (stock); X370 Taichi (UEFI 3.10); 16GB F4-3200C14-8GFX XMP; 256GB 960 EVO; RX 580 NITRO+ 8GB
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic