ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Windows Update KB5040527

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Lam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2024 at 2:27pm
I am still waiting from ASRock support team to provide batches to resolve the problem. Hope the problem can be resolved very soon!!!   Thanks. Richard.
twisted View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twisted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2024 at 5:15pm
I have ASRock Polychrome RGB ver:2.0.182 and while it installs now without a driver error, it does not detect my motherboard at all. I get a popup with "Error 0xFFFB, No ASRock peripherals detected on this computer."
twisted View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twisted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2024 at 10:23am
Update: using this technique worked to both remove the update and prevent the start menu bug that happens if you do it normally inside of Windows. Got it from here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/newest-windows-cumulative-update-broke-my-start/3801c5ed-3e31-4214-ac4b-91e5604d4a1f

Solution 1: Uninstall the recent updates installed
1-Restart your computer while holding the SHIFT button
2-The Advanced Startup menu will open on the boot.
3-Go to Troubleshoot.
4-Now, go to Advanced Options > Uninstall Updates
5-Click on Uninstall the latest quality update and then click Uninstall quality update on the next screen.
6-When finished, reboot your PC and check if the problem was fixed
lakephillip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lakephillip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2024 at 10:12am
Have ASRock B760M PG Riptide Wi-Fi/Intel i5 14400
After kb5040527 Update got the driver error referring to ASRock Phantom Tuning, like several users. I also had to turn off Memory Integrigy setting.
After uninstalling update, I too had apps that would not open, and I had to reinstall Google Chrome, and Norton 360. Still that did not fix it.
I had a Macrium Reflect backup, and was restored. I promptly stopped Windows update for 8 weeks. I hope the brainiacs at AsRock, and Microsoft work this out. I hate to be at risk by not updating Windows.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2024 at 4:47am
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2024 at 5:24pm
ASRock is a fairly small manufacturer with a very small workforce (comparatively).
Sometimes it can take a while to get a response. Right now it seems everyone is
reeling (AMD, Intel, Microsoft, board partners etc) over recent issues and are
likely quite swamped with tickets and such. This happens sometimes when large issues
pop up that effect the entire chain from vendors to software developers.

The whole reason I am a moderator here is because ASRock has always done alright
by me. It can take a while sometimes but they always come through in the end.
A bit of an underdog story really. ASRock do a hell of a lot given how small
they are as a business. That can come with drawbacks (slow response times when
large issues arise for example) but every last one of their staff I have interacted
with is passionate and dedicated to providing the best possible products and
service to their customers.

That said, they really are no better or worse than any other major manufacturer so
choose your brand as per your needs. Sometimes ASRock has the best value, other
times not. Brand loyalty is a silly thing, get what works best and has the best
reviews in your particular use case.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic