ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z690 Taiichi Razer edition RGB issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ender275 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z690 Taiichi Razer edition RGB issues
    Posted: 19 Aug 2024 at 3:51am
So hi all, this is my first ever forum post here but maybe some of you are experiencing the same issues I am. After the most recent windows 11 update(2024-08 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 23H2 for x64 KB5042099) I have been having multiple issues with my motherboard's Firmware. Windows defender has labeled the asrock tuning software as a vulnerability. In addition I can no longer control my motherboard's rgb through Polychrome or in razer synapse. Tried updating the bios to 20.03 and re-flashing the rgb chip. Went into the bios and was told to contact technical support because no asrock polychrome devices were found.

I have filled out the technical support form a minimum of 3 times over the past 7 days and haven't even received an autoreply from them.

Any guidance would be appreciated at this point.       
Scream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2024 at 12:56am
Hello! I have the same problem, and removing Windows updates did not solve it.
Scream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2024 at 1:28am
Figured it out! It is necessary to remove these updates and use the wushowhide.diagcab utility to hide these updates so that they are not installed after restarting the PC, then restart the PC and everything will work.
Dgme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dgme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2024 at 12:19am
Originally posted by Ender275 Ender275 wrote:

So hi all, this is my first ever forum post here but maybe some of you are experiencing the same issues I am. After the most recent windows 11 update(2024-08 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows 11, version 23H2 for x64 KB5042099) I have been having multiple issues with my motherboard's Firmware. Windows defender has labeled the asrock tuning software as a vulnerability. In addition I can no longer control my motherboard's rgb through Polychrome or in razer synapse. Tried updating the bios to 20.03 and re-flashing the rgb chip. Went into the bios and was told to contact technical support because no asrock polychrome devices were found.

I have filled out the technical support form a minimum of 3 times over the past 7 days and haven't even received an autoreply from them.

Any guidance would be appreciated at this point.       

It seems like the Windows update may have caused compatibility issues with your ASRock motherboard. Try uninstalling the update or contacting ASRock through alternative support channels like their forums or social media for faster assistance.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic